Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

I was just wondering if its ok to totally drop formula feeds at 11 months and replace with cows milk. At the mo Harry and Lilly have around 4  x 7oz bottles a day,2 of which is cows milk.Our HV said try to keep a couple of formula feeds until after they are 1.

Reason I am asking is our baby is due next week and we will be sterilising and making newborn formula for her and it would be so much easier to have Harry and Lilly on cows milk,just want to check I wont be doing them any harm by taking them off formula.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Kelly x

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
They say formula until they are one because it is fortified but so long as Harry and Lilly have a good diet I don't why it should be a problem, especially as they are over 11 months. If you're concerned then you could always give them some vitamin drops.

Good luck with the impending arrival!

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
My HV pushed for me to change to cows milk at around 11 months although I did it at about 11.5 as N isn't the greatest eater & I was worried about a lack of iron in his diet. If your ladies eat well there's no real reason not to change?

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya

Thanks me lovlies,really appreciate that,will make things much easier esp as I know it wont do any harm to totally convert to moo moo milk  ;D

Kelly x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts