Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have a few questions that maybe someone can answer :)

1) My husband and I are moving soon but (his job change) but i am having OI (with timed intercourse). I am half way through this cycle (my 2nd) and am having a scan tomorrow to check folli size. My question is if this cycle does not work (hopefully it does ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^) would i be able to transfer to another clinic (im NHS patient)?
2) Next question ;D, last thursday my folli did not grow (was 10mm) and on my last cycle which lasted 29 days no folli grew more than 16mm, has anyone else experienced this? and if so do i have hope? :eek: :eek:
3) Sorry last one  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::), if i dont produce progestorone do i need support when i do eventualy become prg.

Sorry there is loads here but any help would be great ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thank you xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Hi KT,

Sorry I can't answer all your questions - hopefully someone else will come along who knows more!

I'm not sure what OI is...excuse my ignorance!  When I had iuis - it was with meds, the follies tended to grow 2mm each day & had to be 14mm or over to be used - but less than about 24mm (I think!!).

With the progesterone they usually give it to you in the form of pessaries ("botty bombs" ;D) after you have iui or ivf - I think you can have it as an injection too.

Good luck - try really hard not to stress too much!!! Easier said than done I know!!

Love Jessxx

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
KT22 all i can sugest is that you see your GP about being refered to another clinic, not all NHS hosps have fertility departments so it would be good to find out which ones offer this in the new area you are moving to, the GP should know

as for progestrone again this is something you will have to go into more depth with your Con/GP or whoever is treating you, are you having your levels checked on a regular basis or do you knwo you dont produce any at all ??? if you have low/no prog results then i would think you need prog support yes but again i am not medically qualified + the only ones who can give you a definate answer are the ones who have your notes

as for follie size as far as i am aware they like follies to be between 18mm + 26mm anything under is immature anything over too old/big this is not to say you should give up hope hunny  ^reiki^

sorry i havent really clarified anything for you your GP/con will be your best bet as they know your history  ;)

xxx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the advice :) :)

I went back for a scan today (day 12 of cycle) and was told my womb lining had thinned to 6.4mm and there was no folli growth (still at 10mm) i was on 115ml of menopur, now ive been put on 150 (2 vials) of menopur.
The nurse said that if i did not respond by Thursday then i would need to see the consultant again and decide what to do next. As my last cycle i ended up on 150ml  and did not respond either. Do you know what might be the next step?
Im starting to lose hope :( :( :( :(

Thank you xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
im not sure what will be the next step hunny if the raised meds dont do the trick  ^hugme^, at least they are trying all they can in getting them follies to grow + they may just keep you stimming for longer, i was on quite a high dose for my age (apparently) 4 viles of menopur but this was from the begining of stimms, everyone is different + the hosp/clinic are the only ones who really know whats best for you as an individual  ;)

dont give up yet hunny, you have a little way to go + i will keep me all crossed that them follies do there thing  ^pray^ let us knwo how you get on

xxx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello, just an update i have a scan tomorrow and need my follis to have grown other wise this cycle is being cancelled and we are looking into the next step.
Any advice for last minute folli boosting techniques>> ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Thank you, and wish me luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts