Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya im 5 weeks pregnant from a icsi cycle and over the moon,thing is my im having problems with my employer,my tasks have been changed from heavy to light duties but manager keeps moaning that its not fair why they should do two peoples work on fridays coz its delivery day and wants to change my hours so i work saturdays-well i refused the job at first coz they wanted me on saturdays but they swapped the hours around so i didnt have to do them -i have a son and weekends are family days but know my contract says she can chose my hours for me,its stressing me out as im made to feel im putting a strain on others so am thinking of going out sick from stress as the treatment cost  5 grand and if i miscarried we couldnt offord another 5 grand,question is if i go perminanly out sick would i qualify for maternity pay? anyone been in this same situation,reguarding long term sick and then maternity pay?advice much apriciated,thanks debsxx

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hi Debsy,

I didn't want to read and run I'm unable to answer your question, but maybe you could post on the lawyers thread?

All the best
Mummy P xx

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
i am no expert but what is your sickness entitlement? EG: i am entitled to 6 months full pay and another 6 at half pay but thats as a government employee so is a good entitlement but a lot of employers only give 3 months max? SOme not even that. Also you need to know your company maternity policy. EG: mine gives me 6 weeks at 90% pay then 12 at 50% pay. The 100% it takes from is based on the qualitifying week (which is week 29 i think or on some SMP calculator site i found it was another earlier week two and based on both?). Anyway if you are getting SSP (when i was off for 2 months with OHSS a % of my pay was being made up with SSP although i earnt full salary my employer only appear to be paying 3/4 of it or something?) so not sure how that affects when they calculate your earnings for SMP? Ask for both these policies.

this website might help you...
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Moneyandworkentitlements/Parentalleaveandpay/DG_10029285

Also you should not be able to be disriminated/harassed because you are pregnant which is exactly what it sounds like with them moaning about extra work. You might want to contact yur local citizens advice buruau or the lawyrs on here like mummyp said.

^hugme^

/links

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi hun,

I know you do have to wrk so many weeks up till your dd to qualify for maternity pay, not quite sure when.

It sounds wrong that your employer can change your days around just because you are pg and have to do light duties. Do you have a union? or someone you can talk to who would know these things?

You can ask for permission to the works issue board on technical support - will be worth asking on there to see where you stand.

http://www.worksmart.org.uk/rights/i_am_expecting_a_child_what_are check out this link, it does say you are entilted to continuation of contract of employment,

Good luck hun and dont let them bully you into anything

Nikki xx

/links

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hiya,

Didn't want to read and run - quick question - have you made your pregnancy official at work? As soon as you do that, all your employment protection kicks in and you are also entitled to a workplace Health and Safety assessment at which point you can highlight your concerns about your working hours.

Hope this helps?

Karen x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts