1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Peter

I am in need of some advice please. ???
???
I have now had 2 failed ICSI cycles a year apart from one another.

My history is I am 32 years old and my partner is 42, he had a vasectomy 11 years ago in a previous relationship, hence why we are going through this treatment.

I was told I have a high FSH level of 9/10 for some-one of my age and near to menopause.

In my 1st cycle I was on 250iu of Puregon, (long protocol both treatments) I only had 5 follicle and 5 eggs and they all fertilised however I was told only 2 embryo's were any good, obviously this treatment failed.

A year on we decided to go again, this time my drugs was upted to 350iu (the maximum my clinic do) even though I was upted by 100iu, I had 8 follicles but again only 5 eggs and only 3 fertilised and only 2 embryo's were any good.
I was so sure it was going to work this time, I was so relaxed and positive thinking right the way through, I can't believe my test had this faint negative on there.

When speaking to the clinic yesterday I did say I know of 4 other ladies that went through this treatment the same as ourselves as their hubby's had vasectomy's and they fell pregnant after their first cycle.

I said to my clinic that maybe I need tests? perhaps there is something wrong me? I have never tried to conceive naturally, so I wouldn't know. My clinic was not interested at all, they do not investigate and just said it was due that I was a poor responder due to high FSH.

Please Peter I would be grateful for any advise you can give.

Do I need tests?

I don't know if there are other treatments I may respond to better. I am not sure where to turn and what to do next?!

There is so many other treatments I have seen, don't know what they are and not sure if I would benefit from them.

I hear about killer cells, could I have this?

Short protocols?

Assisted hatching?

Blasto?

If you could please point me in the right direction of what you think I should do next.

Do I need to go to my GP? and see what tests are available.

I don't want to spend anymore time and money until I know I am sure I have got some information that could help and maybe do some tests as to why I may not be getting pregnant.

Thank you so much for reading my post and I look forward to receiving a reply to my concerns.

Any professional advice would be most grateful.

Kind Regards

Marteen
xxxx

·
Registered
453 Posts
I know nothing about treatments I am afraid as I am only having i.c.i ( no drugs ).It is all so confusing,I am same age as you and hubby has vasectomy also.I got one fsh reading of 10 and every other cycle since has been 5 ish.They said 10 was still within the normal range to me ??? I wish you every success for the future x

·
Registered
856 Posts
MARTEEN said:
Dear Peter

I am in need of some advice please. ???
???
I have now had 2 failed ICSI cycles a year apart from one another.

My history is I am 32 years old and my partner is 42, he had a vasectomy 11 years ago in a previous relationship, hence why we are going through this treatment.

I was told I have a high FSH level of 9/10 for some-one of my age and near to menopause.

I disagree, 12 and above is high

In my 1st cycle I was on 250iu of Puregon, (long protocol both treatments) I only had 5 follicle and 5 eggs and they all fertilised however I was told only 2 embryo's were any good, obviously this treatment failed.

A year on we decided to go again, this time my drugs was upted to 350iu (the maximum my clinic do) even though I was upted by 100iu, I had 8 follicles but again only 5 eggs and only 3 fertilised and only 2 embryo's were any good.
I was so sure it was going to work this time, I was so relaxed and positive thinking right the way through, I can't believe my test had this faint negative on there.

When speaking to the clinic yesterday I did say I know of 4 other ladies that went through this treatment the same as ourselves as their hubby's had vasectomy's and they fell pregnant after their first cycle.

I said to my clinic that maybe I need tests? perhaps there is something wrong me? I have never tried to conceive naturally, so I wouldn't know. My clinic was not interested at all, they do not investigate and just said it was due that I was a poor responder due to high FSH.

Rather short sighted!

Please Peter I would be grateful for any advise you can give.

Do I need tests?

Possibly

I don't know if there are other treatments I may respond to better. I am not sure where to turn and what to do next?!

I would suggest a full review by me as described at the top of my message board

There is so many other treatments I have seen, don't know what they are and not sure if I would benefit from them.

I hear about killer cells, could I have this?

I doubt it

Short protocols?

Possibly

Assisted hatching?

May help

Blasto?

We have excellent preg rates with blastocysts

If you could please point me in the right direction of what you think I should do next.

Do I need to go to my GP? and see what tests are available.

No your clinic should be able to advise you on this.

I don't want to spend anymore time and money until I know I am sure I have got some information that could help and maybe do some tests as to why I may not be getting pregnant.

A would dtrongly suggest a full review by me.

Good luck!

Peter

Thank you so much for reading my post and I look forward to receiving a reply to my concerns.

Any professional advice would be most grateful.

Kind Regards

Marteen
xxxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts