Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies

I am down regging with baseline scan on June 10th - i've read that some people have to continue with down reg drugs after base line scan. I am trying to work out the days i need off work and am wondering how frequently this happens. Please help.

Kazzz

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Hi Kazzz,

Do you mean continue down regging after baseline scan but without stimming? As far as working out time off work during IVF, I think it's very difficult to plan ahead at all. Are you taking time off during d/r then? I've had one day off so far but that was because of the d/r bleed and it was really painful. Are your workplace understanding about your situation or have you not told them you are having IVF?

Elle x

·
Registered
941 Posts
For this cycle I had to wait 3 weeks after 1st baseline scan as I wasnt down regulated.

For last cycle I had to do an extra week of downreg after the 1st scan.

As far as time off... it depends what clinic you are with and how often they see you. my first clinic I only went in every 3 days or so for scan and bloods. At the clinic I am with now it is very different as I go everyday for bloods and nearly every second day for bloods and scan.
During my last cycle it seemed to be a lot busier and this could take from 8.30 am to 11am or 11.30am. This cycle I have been in and out and barely there for 20 mins even when I have had scans. On the blood test days that just takes a few minutes in the morning and you can get there really early and maybe get to work by 9.

However nearing the end of stims I need to go to the clinic 2x a day for bloods.

I think it depends on the clinic and how you respond and how you feel during treatment.

good luck!

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Sorry honey, I have to say it is almost impossible to plan time off for tx.  things are so variable with how you respond to DR and stimming. 

They may be able to give you some estimated dates after your baseline so if i were you I'd discuss it with your clinic.

goodluck

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Do you mean that some women have to downreg for a bit longer than originally planned ?  If so, then it's difficult to say exactly how long it may take to downreg....we all respond differently to the drugs so no definitive answer I'm afraid.

If you downreg fine and start stimms, you'd still continue to take the downreg drugs but at a lower dose whilst stimming....this is to help prevent you ovulating before the trigger injection and EC.

Good luck
Natasha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts