Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spoken to several medical professions and now completed comfused. However I really value and have always found our advice very helpful. I have heard this is quite normal at 3 weeks. My son is almost 3 weeks adjusted age(was 6 weeks premmie born on 28/02) lately he has been awake for several hours at a time sometimes up to 5. Not crying just unsettled and not wanting to sleep, this is happening during the day. Sometimes he just likes happily in his cot awake... apparently this can be normal behavior at 3 weeks and last for several weeks. One profession said they just want to be near you so suggests rocking, carrying in baby carrier, putting in pram etc. He seems to be ok at night. i have taken him out a bit more the last few days not sure if that has disrupted him and also recently had a cold. he is averaging 2-3 hours at night, the other night he randomly slept 6 hours and that was a one off. He is formula fed 120mls 6-7 times a day and poo is normal.

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi

he sounds fine to me. Although he is 3 wks corrected he has been here for 9 wks, so will also behave like a 9 week baby.

I used to play with Myles when he was awake like this, in the day, lots of colours and stimulation, let him see and learn new things and sounds too.

Maybe putting him in a chair so he can see what you are doing with some toys for him to reach out and touch, will give him a bit more stimulation, hopefully making him more settled. You are doing an excellent job  ^hugme^

Hope that helps

Take care x

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for reply it was a relief to know it's normal. I guess I worry he will not get his 15 hours of sleep a day and will become overtired and then not settle at night and i thought it was better to encourage them to sleep and get in a routine, weird thing is his appetite is still the same. 

1 - 3 of 3 Posts