Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I had a BFN on 3rd june and had a very short light af next day (lighter that i expected after 2 weeks on cyclogest!) - ever since i have had af type aches - nothing bad just aware of that area......does that make sense??!! anyway last week i phoned the clinic and the nurse advised me to do a hpt which was neg and she said to wait for next af ---- basically what i am asking is has anyone else experienced similar after a failed tx? The nurse thought it could be just the effects of the tx cycle but i am just a bit concerned.

cheers
clare

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi clare25

after my first ivf cycle failed my periods went a very irregular i had to go on the pill so i could start this tx, i think all the drugs mess you up and it takes a couple of months to get back to normal. i know it is very distressing as you probably just want to get back to normal (i know i did) hope you are feeling better soon.

luv pam

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ladies, I posted this on the Negative Cycle board but have got no responses so I'm seeing if I have more luck on here.

Today is my official test day after my first IVF.  I started spotting on day 8 and stupidly allowed myself to believe it was implantation bleeding.  It continued on day 9 and day 10 so by that stage I'd started to get worried.  I wasn't, however, completely ready for full AF arriving on day 11.  I phoned my clinic and they told me to stop the cyclogest and test anyway today - BFN unsurprisingly.

My questions is, AF was heavy the 24 hours Thursday pm - Friday pm with quite a few clots.  Since then its been very light, red blood but very watery (sorry TMI) and there's been hardly anything since last night.  Today, there's really nothing, even when I wipe.  I've had no AF pains at all and none of my usual PMT symptoms.  I've read on other posts that everyone else seems to have really heavy bleeding for a few days and awful pains and then AF lasting for about a week.  Do you think this means that my lining was rubbish, and that's why the IVF failed?  Or has anyone else had an AF like this after a failed cycle?  My normal AF is usually much worse than this.

Your help would be much appreciated.  Many thanks xx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya hun

I cant answer ur question darlin

Just wanted to send a ^hugme^ and /bump ur post in case any other ladies are able to help with ur question

Take care
thinking of u
Emxx

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Hi Catspj's
How are you today? Hope you are feeling a bit better honey. ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^
Just wanted to let you know that my bleed after both of my last 2 IVF's cycles was very similar to yours. In fact, probably much lighter. I didn't start to bleed until 4 days after my test date (the clinic made me do two more tests which was heartbreaking cos I knew in my heart it was BFN but I couldn't help that little bit of false hope when they said that!). Anyway, when I did eventually bleed it was only heavy for the first day, the second and third days it was awful (sorry TMI but althouhg it was very light, it was brown and very clotty) and then it stopped altogether! So, I don't think it means anything that your AF wasn't too heavy and didn't last that long honey. I think the drugs we take affect our systems in different ways, which is why some women have painful, heavy AF's.
Sorry not to be more help to you
Sending you a big ^Cuddle^
Love
Tracy[br]Posted on: 12/06/06, 07:30PS have blown you some bubbles honey to wish you love and positive thoughts x ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^[br]Posted on: 12/06/06, 07:31Bump

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hi everyone

I had my last gestone injection on Sunday 19 June and was told to expect AF within the next few days.  I am usually really heavy.  Sorry for tmi but clots and bleeding heavily for 7 days is the norm for me.  Anyway, she arrived on the Thursday but has not been in full flow if you know what I mean.  I have had a few bits of red blood but mostly brown old stuff.  I have basically had a day of light bleeding then stopped for a day, then another day, then stopped. 

I spoke to my clinic a couple of days ago and the consultant there said that he would expect me to have had a heavy bleed as my lining was 13.67mm.

Should I call them back and explain the situation?  I know from my previous IVF BFN's AF is usually always a lot worse too so this seems strange.  My HPT was defo -ve.

Thanks

Anna x

·
Registered
740 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your recent BFN.

Sorry also that I don't have any good advice or info for you, but I couldn't bear to think of you sitting there waiting for a response to your post.

If I were you, I would give you clinic a call and ask one of the nurses - they are there to reassure you and answer your questions.

It must be so very stressful waiting for AF.

Best wishes

Juniper

·
Registered
841 Posts
Thanks Juniper

I rang the clinic and they advised me to wait another week and to do another pregnancy test.  It would be so much of a miracle if that showed up positive.

Good luck to you for your test tomorrow.  Sending you loads of lucky luck

Love

Anna xxx

·
Registered
246 Posts
hi Anna, firstly sorry about your bfn.  i too had a bfn but on 9th may, 4 days later had af, horrendous cramps for 3hours which i normally never get, then passed some clot like material, then only 2 days light bleed.  33 days later, rather than my normal 24, i had 2hours old brown discharge (sorry if tmi).  any decided to retest 2 days ago on the day due for our follow up appt and low and behold it was positive.  weird or what.  they scanned me and there's definetly a littlest of littlest beanies moving.  they think it was a bit of a miracle one, immediately after bfn,  next scan will let us know for sure.  don't know if any of this helps?????????????

·
Registered
841 Posts
Oh my god - that is unbelievable!  Congratulations!!

I started spotting on the Thursday then had horrendous pains on the Saturday (much worse than usual) and have just had bits of bright red blood here and there but mostly old.  Sorry for tmi but usually I am so heavy I have to change every 2 hours at least for a good 4 days.

I am going to do a test tonight when I get in but reckon it will be negative.  God, please please please let me have some luck tho and a positive!  I am now back to having imaginary symptoms again so need to do a test to get it out of my mind!

Once again congrats. xx

·
Registered
740 Posts
Collymags - that's wonderful. What a rollercoaster.

Anna1979 my fingers are so crossed for you. ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I am going out of my mind at the moment...have been able to think of nothing else. Usually my cycles are 30 days long, but I've changed my ticker twice to make the cycle longer just to stop myself testing. We hardly managed any BMS this month cos DH was away and I have absolutely NO pg symptoms. But even so, my hopes are sooooooooooooooooooo high now and I am so scared of testing.

Good luck tonight

Juniper

·
Registered
841 Posts
Its absolutely awful isnt it.  I am a persistent tester but next time I wont be.  I am going to leave it completely because on all of my cycles I have tested regularly and BFN.

Really do hope its a positive for you tomorrow.

Loads of luck and dust xxxx

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hope you are okay Anna1979. ^hugme^

Juniper

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hi girls

Well AF still not here properly.  Did a test and it was a BFN.

During my wait I tested early a few times.  I had to hide them from DP and then when I went to put them in the bin on one there was a feint line (it wasnt there within the times that they advised so presume it was a saturation line) but last nights test didnt even bring one of those out.

I just want AF to be normal.  Been spotting for a week now and want to start BDing again!!!

Thanks for asking about me Juniper - the support on here is lovely.  Have you tested yet???  Big fat positive vibes chick x

Love

Anna

·
Registered
740 Posts
Really sorry about your news Anna1979...our bodies certainly play some very cruel tricks on us.

^Cuddle^

Wishing you a speedy recovery from this sadness and disappointment, and for AF to get going properly so you can start moving forward again.

I haven't tested. My Dh talked me out of it. He says our chances of having conceived last month were next to nil and that it is most likely that coming off clomid has messed me up. I can't face a BFN right now, so I'm just going to leave it and if AF hasn't started in another week will think again.

Thanks for your support.  I'm really sorry things didn't work out for you this time babe. Take good care of yourself until you are feeling a bit better.
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Love
Juniper
x

·
Registered
841 Posts
Juniper

I can understand you not wanting to test.

I really hope that it works for you soon.  It takes such a toll on us doesnt it and its really not fair.  I work with Substance Misusers and it breaks my heart to see people who abuse their bodies and dont even want children, fall pregnant so easily.  Our time will come tho Juniper

Much love

Anna x

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hi Anna,

Hope you are feeling okay today.

Just wanted to let you know, I got a BFN last night too. I actually feel fine about it though. I think it was the suspense that was killing me.
Thanks for your encouragement.

lots of love

Juniper

·
Registered
841 Posts
Really sorry you got a BFN.  Just be gentle with yourself because the upset might creep up on you over the next few days.

I have just had an almighty row with the office bully.  She is an admin officer so not above me, infact I am above her.  She made a comment to someone else that I had signed in 7 minutes earlier.  Its not a time sheet its for incase of fire.  So I told her I had matched my watch to the office clock and it wont happen again.  She just smirked at me and I lost it completely! Never done anything like that in my life at work.  I was hysterically crying and telling her what a bully she is and she isnt going to bully me!  Crikey.  Sat here still sniffling!

So be aware - you might think you are ok now chick but it can catch you unawares.

Sending you huge hugs and strong vibes to keep you going

Much love

Anna x

·
Registered
740 Posts
Anna, if you've never done anything like that before in your working life, then you're doing damn well.

I've once had a screaming match across the office with my boss and called him a pain in the ass (he later promoted me ^idiot^)

Good for you for saying something. Officious people like that need putting in their place.

And thanks for the advice. You're right...I will be careful. MIL arriving tonight, so don't want to fly off the handleor anything.

We are all on your side ^Cuddle^ and thanks so much for replying when you are in the middle of a s*itt* day.

Lots of Love and hang in there

Juniper
x

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Hi girls

I got a BFN yesterday and started bleeding before we got the results.....TMI COMING...........well today i have been losing big clots (2 about the size of my palm)....................is this normal?  I am also in agony, i normally have bad af pains but painkillers sort this out however they aren't touching the pain at all  :-\

C x

1 - 20 of 74 Posts