Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
First cycle of ICSI and my test date is Friday BUT today I have definately got my period! I am completely gutted! Should I test now or not bother? Should I continue the pessaries? Clininc is closed today!
Any help appreciated
:(

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Hi
Didn't want to read and run.
Sending you  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^, so sorry your period has arrived, I don't know about pessaries as never had those - I am sure someone will come along soon who will know. Are you sure it isn't implanation bleeding? Sounds from your message like you are, so sorry for you - having been through 4 BFNs I know what you are going through. Is there not an emergency number you can call to check - my clinic always has an on call service - if in doubt I would assume you continue then ask them tomorrow but not sure.
Tiny xxx

·
Registered
479 Posts
so sorry to hear that. my 2nd cycle, i did get my AF and i turned to be pregnant but had m/c in 2 month. my 3rd cycle i had my AF so i called my doctor and he asked me to the blood test to make sure.
he said i should keep taking my medicine until i get the result of the blood test. it was my AF, sadly i stopped my medicine.
this cycle, i think i am starting to have something when i wipe (sorry for that) i think mine is on the way but i am praying its not and its just a good sign.
hanadiz

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
You def still need to test on test day hun - I know that makes it more stressful. :(

I had full AF a few days before OTD, and only did a quick (maybe 30 second?!) test on test day with a cheapy ebay test... i didn't realise that i was actually pg.

I know it prolongs the pain hun, but you do need to make sure.

big hugs

·
Registered
479 Posts
sallywags,
did u do blood test too when u got BFN? or u jsut depended on HPT? please reply
hanadiz

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
just hpt to start with. have you had blood test?  I got bloods done about 2 weeks later.

·
Registered
479 Posts
no waiting for saturday to do the blood test. i dont trust the hpt, even though i wish i would know i am pregnant using it as its the thrill of joy that u will feel.
i am happy for u, praying for myself to join BFP group
hanadiz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies! Went away for a few days to take my mind off things! Managed to wait until OTD but was BFN this morning. I have had all week to prepare myself for this result as AF arrived Monday so am trying to keep positive and think of the 10 frozen embies!
Lots of luck for tomorrow hanadiz

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Sorry to see you news hun.......sending many hugs and lots of luck for your frosties ^hugme^

Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Hun ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Sorry to hear your news  ^hugme^

Diane

1 - 11 of 11 Posts