Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

For a whole year (after coming off the pill) I never had any periods.  After 3 mths was told I had PCOS.  My periods have now returned, my last cycle was 56 days.  Does this mean I'm ovuating again?  I was told I should go for a Laparscopy, which is in December. 

I got married in May, so we we have only been trying to conceive for a couple of months so I'm not expecting things to happen straight away!!  But because of my PCOS my consultant put me down for ovarian driling.

Has anyone else had their periods returned after so long and been able to conceive??

Sarah

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi Sarah

Can't help you on the conception business but I too have polycystic ovaries and long irregular cycles.  Have gone as long as 187 days.  I'm im on metformin now, have to have provera if i haven't had a period for three months to keep my uterus healthy.  My last cycle was 56 days too!  I asked at our centre re ovulation, the nurse didn't think they'd consider anything over 40 days.  I'm seeing our consultant 1st November and so will ask him then.  If you hear anything re longest cycle to ovulate would be grateful to hear.

Best of luck to you and DH, fingers crossed

Lolly X

1 - 3 of 3 Posts