Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I had my last af on 13 August and I had some very light spotting yesterday, and some more this morning.  There's been nothing since.  

I'm also absolutely exhausted, have a bad lower back and I'm starting to feel like a hypochrondric, or at least I would if I could spell it correctly!

Do you think this could be an implantation bleed?  I have PCOS and have just completed my first month of metformin.  My last 2 cycles have been approximately 40 odd days long, and six months ago they were fortnightly!  As a result I have no idea when I should test, or indeed if I am ovulating anyway.....any thoughts?  :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Arabella

I too have PCOS and suffer from pre-menstural spotting anything up to 6 days before proper af starts. This is usually brown or black bleeding though, which is then followed by very light red bleeding.
I think that implantation bleeding usually occurs 8 + days following ovulation.
If no more bleeding, you could always try an early pregnancy test like First Response, although if you're unsure of your cycle length, you may have to repeat every few days.

Not sure if this helps you much! ???

Good luck, hope you get the right result,

love *poppy*
^daisy^

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi
I have PCOS and I do get odd spotting and odd pains sometime preceeding AF.
If you think you might be pg, I would do as Poppy says and try First Response.
^goodluck^
Chick

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys.  I have a sneaky suspicion it is a very light af as this is the third day.  Ah well, another month to save for the baby!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts