Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My friend has been trying for a baby for 4 yrs, she had her posisitive test about 2wks ago, on wednesday last wk she had a bleed just like an AF and pain. She when to the dr who sent her for a scan on monday, she had stopped bleeding on sat night and has had nothing since.
At the scan they could see a sac, and nothing else, they told her that she was about 6wks, she has to go back in a weeks time to have another scan and then a D&C if things haven't progressed.

What are the chances of her continuing this pg, she keeps saying that she's had a m/c but if the sac is still there after that bleed and she hasn't bleed since doesn't that mean these some hope??

CJ x

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Definately still hope as the pregnancy may just not got to the stage of seeing a heartbeat.

Ruth

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
oh Ruth - I was so hoping you'd say that - Hope your friend is OK CJ, and that you can reassure her

Fee x

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Ruth and Fee , this friend is my Auntie and this is her first ever positive in the whole 4 yrs+ of trying, were very close as she's only 10 years older than me, she's given me so much support through my icis and twin pg, even though she has infertility probs too and so desperately wants a child, I just  really want to be able to help her. I will pass this on.

Just one more ques? do you normally see a sack then a heartbeat, then a fetalpole? When I went at 5wks and 6 days they saw 2 sack and heart beats with yolks , so are they just waiting to see a heartbeat in that sack or should there be other things like a yolk??

thanks again CJx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.