Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been with my partner for  6 years and have been hoping to have a baby for five.  He already has two kids from a previous relationship and although he supports me his heart isn't in it in the same way.

I've avoided going to the GP for fear that too much fuss would raise my anxiety levels and make the problem worse but the bottom line is i'm afraid too find out what the problem is.

Anyhow i've actaully got round to make an appointment for next week so fingers crossed.

It's good to find a brilliant site like this, you feel less alone. :(

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
hey jane

firstly i would like to welcome you to ff.

you will find all the help and support you will need here........everyone is so welcoming and will help you with any info you may need.

good luck with your appointment this week.

take care

Mez
xxx

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Hi Jane

Welcome to ff hun wishing you all the best with appointment hope to chat soon

love always lilly xx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Jane

Welcome to Fertility Friends.  You'll find great support here  :)

Loads of luck for your appointment next week. 

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi Jane,

I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK for your doctor's appointment.  I know how you feel about being scared of what you will find out - I always spend days and days before any important appointment imagining all the worst possible things we could be told, and get myself in a terrible state and am a nightmare to be around (poor DH and family ;D )

In a way though its a relief to find out - even if it is bad news, at least you will know if there is a problem and whether it is treatable.  When we first found out my DH has very bad sperm we were really upset and he felt terrible, but at the same time it gave us hope because we knew then that there had been a reason why we hadnt managed to conceive and also that we had some treatment options available.

So dont give up hope.  Try to be strong and whatever the outcome, we will all be here for you to help you through it, give advice and answer any questions you may have. 

Thinking of you,
Olwen xx

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Jane

Good luck for your appointment.

I was the same as Olwen. When I found out I wasn't ovulating I was relieved that there seemed to be a 'fixable' problem rather than finding nothing and being told to keep trying.

All the very best to you and stick around on the site - you will find it invaluable.

Nicky xx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Jane
you just described me and my situation about 2 years ago before I went to my GP and told her I was concerned I might be infertile.  It's a huge step to take, well done for making your appointment.

All we can do here on FF is share our experiences with you, and hope it helps.  I want to tell you I am so much happier now that I know I can do something about it.  Although infertility is a painful experience, I found that not knowing was worse, I wasn't dealing with it very constructively and was not looking after myself as a consequence.  I decided I would find out 'the worst' on the basis that it might even surprise me that it's not as bad as I thought, and if it was, I would at least know that I'd tried everything.

My partner also already has children, I sometimes think his heart isn't in it the same as mine, especially when going through fertility treatment which is, to be honest, a difficult experience.  I often wonder why he'd go through all this when he already has kids.  But although he sees it differently to me cos he's already a dad, it's OUR baby we're trying to make and his heart wants that for me.  I'm sure your partner wants to do something amazing with you too.

Best of luck at the doctor's.  I think you've made a brave decision but the right one.  What you don't know can hurt you more than you realise.  You may well be able to sort this and that's got to be a good step.

Good luck,
Claire xx

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Jane

Just wanted to say ditto.  I was trying for three years and would not accept there was anything wrong.  I kept saying to DH that the time just wasn't right and it would happen, but it never did. Every other friend in a longterm relationship around me fell pregnant and obviously they don't have to deal with any of the questions of whether the time is right, or whether it is a good idea or not because pregnancy is so simple for most people. 

I think you have taken the first step to find out if there is a problem and that can be a really hard thing to do.  Infertility and dealing with it is very emotional and traumatic and in the end you will find you need the two of you if you are to get through it.  I would give DH a good chatting to to see what he really wants, men are not good chatters at the best of times!

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you stick around on this website as it has been such support for me.

love kyra x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts