Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im on my second AF since having L and 7 days later im still bleeding. I know they say the first bleed, you usually bleed longer but thought this one would be normal so to speak.

Before having L my AF's would last around 4-5 days.

I just wondered how long everyone else's are? If they are like this for a while will it get better?

Nikki xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Mine went the other way and got shorter - 3/4 days instead of 6 but I think it can take a good 6 months for everything to return to 'normal' after having a baby.

Chux xx

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Hi Nikki,

I'm with Chux - I think the 'norm' is anything up to 6 months before af's can return to normal - and that's assuming you don't have pre-existing gynae 'issues'. As a pcos sufferer, there is no such thing as 'normal' for me, i'm 'lucky' if I have 2 or 3 a year (although I did get regularish ones after H was born but was still not ov  ::)).

This time around i've still not had a 'proper' af. I've had a few episodes of heavy bleeding for 2 days and then nothing, only for the same thing to happen a few days later. I'm also very nauseous, headachy and tired at the momment so think my hormones have gone haywire  :(

Also bear in mind that what was normal before a pg, may not be the same after having had a baby  ;)

S xxx

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
My AF's are completely different now to what they were like before I had C. I'm even back on the exact same pill!! But, I needed to be on the pill to stop my bleeding completely so gawd knows what's going on there!!  ;D ;D Never had a problem with the actual bleeding before C, just monster cramps to the point where I would vomit.

Now, very little pain ^bow^ and the flow is really strange - quite light in fact!! Bizarre!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts