Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls,

Well today was my second injection, but the first injection we have done ourselves, as the nurse did it for me yesterday.

Anywho we (after about 10 mins - I'm sure we'll get the technique soon lol!) did the injection this morning -  I'm on 0.5amps of Buserelin but when hubs took the needle out (we are using an autoinjector) there was still a bit left in the tube bit (sorry not sure what it is called!) Is this ok, or do you all put a bit extra in the tube bit to begin with to compensate for this?

I hope this makes sense! Lol!  ;D

Thanks in advance Lou x

·
Registered
280 Posts
HI Lou

Nice to meet you, how exciting that your starting!
I started my second ICSI treatment on Thursay 24th (embryo wouldnt stick last time!). Its funny even tho we last did this may 2010 I started the injections and feel like a newbie again, reading the instructions and worrying im doing it wrong!
Anyway dont fret, I inject and find despite pressing all the way down on the syringe I take it out and theres a squirt or two left. Im sure i had this last time!
For drawing up the buserelin, I tend to do a smidge more than the 0.5 then flick the top so there are no air bubbles - sometimes vigorous flicking! Then when I put the second needle on for injecting I depress the syringe til the tiniest spurt comes out. I dont know of a better way but the docs said last time my eggs did what they should have  :)
If in any doubt you should be able to call or email the nurses to alleviate any worries  ;)

Hope that helps and stay in touch be great as I've just joined this and could do with a buddy or two!
xxx

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hi Lou La!

With the syringe, they dont count the neck of the syringe within the dose stated on the side so if you draw up to the 0.5 line, there will be slightly more than 0.5 in the syringe as there will also be the drops in the neck of the syringe so when you inject, you will get the 0.5 and whats left will be what was in the neck :-\ Hope that makes sense?!

I clarified this with the hospital too as I was worried that I was missing some but like jonut said, the jabs did what they were meant to do and I responded well to them so it must be fine, my little embryo didnt stick either so will be starting cycle 2 in June and hopefully, the next little one will stick!

Good luck Lou La and good luck to you too jonut - hope you both get your BFP! ^reiki^

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good morning ladies,
I'm on my first round of ICSI and have to pay for it. After injecting, every time I pressed it when I took it out there was always a bit left in it and i'd panic! I just made sure I pressed the syringe right down before taking it out.
I now have two lil embryos hopefully snuggling in deep  :)

Best wishes girls

Melody
Xoxox

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Girls,

Thank you all for your replies I feel much better now.

Jonut how are you feeling? Are you having any side effects yet? I've started feeling really tired by about 9pm and getting headaches from about 3pm that lasts all night, but so far I thought I would feel worse - I still don't feel very good but I thought it would be worse if you know what I mean. In a way I'm glad i'm feeling some side effects though as one of the million worries is not responding but hopefully this a good sign.

When is your scan? Mine is 13th April AF is due on Tuesday so I'm hoping she will turn up on time and everything will all be "ready" for the scan. If thats all ok the EC should be on 25th April and ET on 29th When is yours?

Have you/did you tell people you were having IVF? I've told some people but only 1 friend, my boss, my Aunty and hubby's mum (she is also his boss!)

Yes please keep in touch, it'll be nice to have a friend going through treatment at a similar time too.

Lou x x

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Lou La

Sorry I should have replied ages ago ???

How did your scan go, today right? Hope ur doing well, how are you feeling?

Ive had many headaches on the buserelin, and getting moody, maybe cause i have a headache, hard to know whats causing what or if its generally just me ha ha ;D ;D

Feeling excited about first scan on 19th then can start stimming injections, just will be pleased im doing something other than the buserelin. didnt feel as awful on it last year but guess there's no rhyme or reason  ::)

Im gettting a bit nervous about the next stages only in that Easter is coming up, bank holidays etc family and friends want to know what we're up to, when we'll be seeing them next, can we come for dinner etc but I feel like I cant commit to anything, which is fine but it's the what do i say or do i make stuff up, i just look really non-commital! :-[

Anyway let me know how you get on ^hugme^ ^hugme^
xx

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hiya,

Yep my scan was on Wednesday quite funny the nurse was like this is your womb/uterus (not sure what the right word is!) and these are your ovaries can you see and I was like oh yes but quite honestly I don't know what she was looking at all looked the same to me! lol!

To start with she said my lining was 5 and she wanted it to be 4 so she was going to leave me just on buserelin for another week :( she went out of the room whilst I was getting dressed etc. at which point I was about to cry I know I shouldn't get my hopes up that everything is going to work exactly to the estimated dates I've been given but the thought of having to wait another week to start stimming I was so upset, then she came back and said actually I've had a word with a senior nurse and she has said it's fine to start stimming as only 1mm difference Woohoo!! So yep I'm officially stimming now and my god does it hurt it feels like hubs is injecting me with shards of glass, did you feel this too? The buserelin is a breeze compared to this one!

Saying that though I'm feeling ok still get tired early but the headaches have pretty much gone now, they tend to come and go rather than being constant. I've been getting twinges/aching in my ovaries which I'm pretty chuffed about hopefully that means this one is working a bit quicker than the last set!

Good luck for Tuesday hope it all goes ok for you, I know what you mean about Easter all our friends are making plans etc and we are trying to think up reasons why we can't make it, also my Mum is moving end of the month and she doesn't know what's going on so she's like hope you can help me move which when she is moving I will be PUPO so can't help as can't lift anything so I think a "bad back" is going to have to be my excuse for that one!

4 more days in work left then I'm off for a couple of weeks, when I go back I should know the happy news - pma! Can't wait roll on April 29th!!

Good luck for Tuesday again chick let me know how it goes.

Lou x

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ladies, hope you don't mind me butting in. This is a great thread - i'm starting my first ever injections tomorrow. So nervous about side-effects, any residue in syrine after injecting etc etc. So great to know others have the same worry.

I have to be on buserelin for 6 weeks due to my cycles - so hopefully not too many side-effects.

Good Luck.

Jem x

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Jem,

Good luck for tomorrow, it's so exciting starting out, I think the time has actually gone really quickly since 25th March when my 1st injection was so i'm sure 6 weeks will fly by for you. I personally on Buserelin just had headaches and felt tired, but it was fine really, also just after the injection the site raises up and I get a red mark kind of looks like I've been stung, but it's ok it doesn't hurt or anything, as you can see form the posts above there will be a small amount of the fluid left but this is normal and the syringes are designed that the 0.5ml, or whatever amount you are on, isn't including the small amount.

This website really is fab it's so nice to chat to other people who are going through the same thing, if ever you need to chat or have any other questions let me know I'll do my best to help out.

Lou x

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks for you post Lou.

The injection was fine just some stinging when the liquid went in. I did not have anything left in the syringe so i certainly got my full dose!!!

Jem x

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi LouLa,

Great news that they let you start the stimming, i cant remember it being painful but i'll let you know after my first one tonight  ;) ;)

I do remember the twinges once stimming starts, on my right side I felt as if i was going to burst at one point! Turns out my biggest one was on that side too, funny  :) Had my scan this morning, was told ovaries are 'accessible', such funny language, and lining ok to start so am excited to be on next stage! Wasnt happy when they said i had two fibroids on my left side - but apparently wont affect chances, I hope  ^pray^ ^pray^

What are your plans for your time off?Something relaxing and fun I hope?! Yes you will have to work out your white lie to your mum, plan it now and you'll be ok on the day ha ha. Im already tryng to work out how to get out of two Zumba classes with a friend  ;) ;)

Next scan is wed 27th, when are you next back in?

Enjoy the sunshine look forward to hearing some good news
^hugme^ ^hugme^
xxxxxx

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi chick,

Glad your scan went well and your now stimming :) How is it going? Have your headaches eased up a bit now?

I had my scan yesterday and I have between 18-20 follicles  ;D no wonder my stomach is soo swollen at the moment! So happy we were preparing ourselves for them to say we had to continue stimming so I'm so pleased to say EC is on Monday the follicles were between 18mm & 10mm about 4 were 10mm the rest were mostly 16mm. So had my last 2 menopur & suprecur this morning - naturally I sang the it's final injection to the tune of final countdown!  ;D and my actual last one pregnyl is at 11pm tonight, looking forwad to a lie in tomorrow as no injection alarm! Although in reality I think I am quite likely to be up tomorrow worrying about EC, I'm feeling fine about it now but ask me again tomorrow!!

So exciting I'm going to be PUPO next week!!! Woohoo  ;D

Good luck for your scan on Wednesday, if all goes well when will your EC be, next week?

No plans for time off it's 2ww so just relaxing watching DVD's, painting my nails, going out for meals going to go for some gentle walks too, I just want to try and be as stress free as possible - we'll see  ;)

I'll let you know how Monday goes

Lou xxx

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi LouLa,

Oh wow that is great news on the follicles and EC!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

So so pleased for you, was feeling a bit miserable today despite the sunshine but that has made me hopeful and cheered me up, fabulous!

I imagine right now ur drugged up still and taking it easy - I quite enjoyed the knocked out feel ing last time  ;) ;) Hope ur not too sore hon and you get some good little embies a growing  :) :) :)

The difference in headaches is unbelievable, so happy im now stimming, feel a little grumpy but am otherwise ok and waiting for Wednesday's scan to let me know how im getting on :) ^pray^ ^pray^Depending how that goes i will have another scan on fri then EC the bank hol monday  ^pray^ ^pray^
Not feeling too much going on down there but still have a few more days  ;) ;)

Let me know how u get on for ET,  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

much luv
xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hiya,

EC went well yesterday got an massive 20 eggs  :eek: We're just waiting for "the call" to say how many have fertilised, this is the longest morning of my life  ::)

EC was ok, yeah the anesetic was ace had a lovely sleep for a change!! I felt ok after bit tired and obviously sore but not half as bad as I thought! I was ready to go an hour after the op but they wouldn't let me go for another hour as I'd had so many eggs taken. Went home via McDonalds - I was starving! thats when hubs knew I was ok  ;D

Glad your headaches have eased up now I was ths same as soon as I started stimming they went. So exciting your scan is tomorrow  ^pray^ that all goes well for you and you have lots of lovely little follies ready to be collected, did you respond quickly last time?

We're in the bank holiday Monday egg collection club then!! It was nice being at the hospital on a bank holiday, very easy to find a parking space and lovely and quiet good old bank holidays!

Let me know how your scan goes tomorrow & i'll let you know how many embryo's we get if they ever call us.......  ;D Patience not one of my strong points!!

Speak soon love Lou x x x x

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OMG OMG OMG I'm a mum to 12!! Can't belive it out of 20, 17 were suitable for injecting and 12 have fertilised sooo excited they said they have booked me in provisionally for ET tomorrow at 11am but they said because there are so many they will probably try and go to Blast!

Me & Hubs are so excited we've never been pregnant in any shape or form before so to know that we have 12 little tiny babies all snuggled up in an incubator is the most amazing thing in the world  ^DizzyLove^

Soo happy  ;D  roll on ET x x x x

·
Registered
246 Posts
Lou La, That is fantastic, well done  ^fairydust^ ^pompom^

Jem x

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Jem  ;D

How are you? How's the Buserelin going are you gettng any side effects yet? When is your scan to see when you can start stimming?

Hope your feeling ok not too many headaches etc.

Lou xx

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi Lou,

Injections are going well my scan is on 24th May. Feeling very tired and getting mood swings but no more headaches  :)

Jem x

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's only 4 weeks today!! It will fly by, glad your feeling ok, let me know how your scan goes.

Lou x

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks Lou, I shall be keeping everyone posted.

Jem x

1 - 20 of 20 Posts