Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been on Zoladex for endo for 6 months, last injection middle July 04.  There was a time about 10 weeks ago when I was showing signs of being fertile (stringy egg white mucus) and I've now done 6 hpt's and they're all positive.  Just before that my GP did a blood test just to fnd out what was happening with my hormones to check if I was recovering from the Zoladex and the levels came back telling me my cycle was still surpressed.  Everyone (GP's and gynae clinic have assured me that nothing else except being pregnant could give me a positive result.  BUT, I'm now in a state of panic cos I've just read in a book that going into the menopause early can give you a false positive preg test.  Is this correct?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I have never heard of a false positive doe to the circumstances you have said. If your last Zoladex was that long ago and no period, and now positive preg tests, I would strongly say you are pregnant and to go and see your GP as soon as possible so that a scan be arranged to see how far along you are. Congrats!!

Ruth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts