Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter,

I wonder if you could put my mind at rest.

I was told i had PCO's three years ago and have now been refered to Barts for IVF to begin in July, at Barts the consultant told me i no longer have PCO's which is great and i beleive this is because i was taking Agnus Castus (chaste berry).I've now stopped taking it as my GP told me not to mix herbal remedies with my treatment.
Barts also did a blood test to measure my LH & FSH as this result determined my drug dosage.
This was within the normal range but i'm wondeing
if this was normal because of the Agnus Catus and if my drugs are going to be based on the wrong levels of lh and fsh causing IVF not to work.

I'm due to return to Barts and collect my drugs on 7th July but i think i'm just getting worried about pco's coming back now i've stopped the agnus castus.

Thank-you Peter

Kim xx

·
Registered
856 Posts
kimmy said:
Hi Peter,

I wonder if you could put my mind at rest.

I was told i had PCO's three years ago and have now been refered to Barts for IVF to begin in July, at Barts the consultant told me i no longer have PCO's which is great and i beleive this is because i was taking Agnus Castus (chaste berry).I've now stopped taking it as my GP told me not to mix herbal remedies with my treatment.

Good idea. We do not know what is in herbal remedies and they can interact with prescribed drugs to produce nasty side effects

Barts also did a blood test to measure my LH & FSH as this result determined my drug dosage.
This was within the normal range but i'm wondeing
if this was normal because of the Agnus Catus

Unlikely

and if my drugs are going to be based on the wrong levels of lh and fsh causing IVF not to work.

Equally unlikely. I would be confident in what Barts have done

I'm due to return to Barts and collect my drugs on 7th July but i think i'm just getting worried about pco's coming back now i've stopped the agnus castus.

Try not to worry for now and see how the cycle goes.

Good luck!

Peter

Thank-you Peter

Kim xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts