Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Wonder if anyone could help, i'm due to start sniffing next weekend and needed to know whether its safe to have a drink whilst sniffing and injecting?

I won't be getting totally plastered just a glass here and there at the christmas parties planned as long as it is safe?

Will alcohol have any effect on the drugs?

Thanks

Emmak ^wave^

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Hi Emma,

This is a tricky subject.. I am not a nurse and I was advised to stay away from alcohol however I did manage a few nights of teh odd glass of Vino or 2!! I think its a choice that you ahve to make yourself? maybe you should put a poll in the voting room?

I am nearing the end of my 2ww, I had 23 eggs and 16 embies 8 of which were 8 cells and I did have a glass of wine here and there during Tx. its a choice you have to make yourself, I havent had a drop during the 2ww xxx Good luck and try the putting a new poll in the voting room.

Tinks

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi
I know some people don't drink while injecting etc but I did have a couple when i fancied. I felt that it helped me to chill!!!!
Love
Fiona

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
I wouldn't fret about it,  I don't think it interracts with the drugs or anything, but some people give up to improve their chances.  I drank moderately up to EC on my first cycle, but as I'd given up through 2ww I kept it up through to my second tx and didn't drink at all for a couple of month or so before right through to my BFN! Not surprisingly I went down the pub pretty soon after that.

However I'm still not drinking much alcohol - only occasionally on nights out (ie I don't really drink at home any more) - I'm a cheap date basically!  And the main thing is I do feel quite healthy for it, and I've lost a bit of weight.  But I think it's just personal preference. If you fancy a few chrimbo drinkies I'd have 'em and stay relaxed.

Good luck
Claire xx

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi

Just to let you know I asked my clinic when having treatment and they advised me, yes, in moderation, they said, life goes on!!

But I did stop before EC

Good luck

Teen

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hiya

Personally I chose not to drink during tx but I know people who have.  I think the standard advice is OK till ec then not during the 2WW.  If you are intending to drink have a check out of what the government advice is for alcohol and pregnancy, I think it is 1 - 2 units 1-2 times per week.

The only thing extra I will say is if you decide to drink, don't feel guilty about it.

Clare

1 - 6 of 6 Posts