Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silly question...but for those of you that aren't actively in a treatment cycle, how often do you drink alcohol?  I'm going through testing now, hoping to start ivf in July.  The odd time, dh and I go out for dinner and I'll have a glass of wine or a fun drink.  We're only talking once a month or so (except in the last 2 weeks I had 2 drinks).  SHould I feel quilty or worry?  Once we start i won't have a drop, but am wondering if I should have any now as treatment is hopefully coming up.

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
With that level of intake hun, then no i definitely shouldn't worry!!!

I drink something 3-5 days a week ranging from a bottle of beer up to a bottle of wine - but that is goign to start reducing dramatically soon as i am hoping to start in september!

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hey hun, having the odd drink isn't going to do any harm....everything in moderation !

Although saying that, when I'm not having treatment...and like now, where we had a recent BFN and aren't planning on having FET until towards end of year possibly, I'm not concerning myself overly with worrying about what I'm doing....need to have some "relax" time and not think about all the ttc etc for a bit !  I don't drink every day but at least once or twice a week....and when I do I definitely have more than 1 glass of wine (as anyone who knows me will confirm !)....I certainly enjoy a drink ;)  My opinion is that I try to eat as healthily as possible....and do everything I can to make things work.....but I also can't put my life forever on hold so need to let my hair down and have some fun sometimes !

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
I agree with Minxy.  We are DRing at the moment and I have cut down on my drinking considerably for the last 8 months. 

Now I still have one or two glasses of red wine at the weekend, as I feel if this helps me to relax then it can't be doing me any harm  ;) You can't deprive yourself too much - actually I have just discovered  ^idiot^ there's 3g of protein in a small bar of galaxy, so chocolate is a must for good eggs - bonus!  ;D

Lully x

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THanks for your responses and not making me feel so guilty if I do indulge and have a drink (dh gets angry at me for depriving myself).  I've just tried everything in regards to diet and so far it's not working for us, so obviously somethign is going on and the odd drink ain't gonna change that.  THanks...and good luck to all.

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

I really agree that everything in moderation and your certainly doing that.

It doesn't hurt to have the odd drink and relax.

All the best

x x x x

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
a  little bit of fun is surely a  good  thing!
I usually stop all alcohol and caffene intake a month before EC and when I get a failure I tend to resort to a good drink (its  like my way of rebelling against what has happened) as me  and DP tend to be more able to thrash our feelings out after a good drink so  surely that is a good and healthy reaction  ;) OK we can all feel guilty about having a drink but if u enjoy and council yourself aftr a good drink then surely it has to be a  good thing? I dont know?  but personally before EC I stop ALL alcoholic intake at least a month prior to drugs intake.  good luck hun

1 - 7 of 7 Posts