Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya one and all! ;)

I am starting my first ICSI cycle in March (well the injections start on the 8th March) and I am absolutely terrified!!! ???

Anyone fancy holding my hand along the way?!?! ;D

Hope to hear back soon!

Good luck everybody!

CateX

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi Cate

We will all be here to hold your hand, and i am sure there will be someone cycling with you too.
Try not to worry too much it is mostly the fear of the unknown. I am the biggest coward when it comes to anything medical and i absolutely dreaded the treatment. But i can honestly say i couldnt wait to start my 2nd cycle because each stage i went through i thought 'oh that wasnt that bad'. So take it from a yellow belly its not that bad.

Take care keep us informed and if you have any questions ask away even if you think its a daft question someone will be able to help you.

Good luck
Love Kim :-*

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi Cate

Everyone will be hand holding you along the way! ;)

I will be doing my FET possibly end of March most likely April so our 2ww may coincide!

All the very best!

Love Sue
xx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Cate
I am also starting our first ICSI in March. Not sure of exact dates yet though - thought it was going to be 8th of March aswell but now my cycle has gone a bit mad so not sure exactly anymore! We are at Hammersmith Hospital and have our coordination appointment next week. We then take off to South Africa for a month (where i'm orginally from) and I can't wait. So glad we postponed treatment until after this break. Am hoping will come back feeling all brave! I am trying not to think about it too much as i know it is just something I have to do even though it's probably going to be quite horrible!! We have told family and close friends and I'm pleased we because i wasn't sure at first but everyone has been very supportive and optimistic which has been great.
Anyway Cate - here 's wishing the best of luck and i hope we can get to chat more in March.
Bye for now
Robyn

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies girls!

Its great to feel that I am not alone!

Kim - I'll remember to keep positive and be brave during the injections/scans/egg collection etc.. My dh is looking forward to learning about how to do the injections - which is a bit of a worry!! :eek:

Sue and Paula - fingers crossed that we will all be in the 2ww together - spuring each other on and sending positive vibes to one another!

We had a Consultants appnt last week and now have to see a Staff Nurse next week to forward her all the millions of legal docs we have had to fill in and sign and also to order our drugs/learn how to take them..

Robyn - my cycle is all over the place too at the moment - so who knows - perhaps my dates will change too! We are having our treatment at the Chelsea & Westminster. I saw that you are from Wimbledon and weirdly so am i!?! Have a lovely relaxing trip to South Africa and if you fancy meeting for a drink one night - let me know! :D

Out of interest has anyone managed to get any funding out of their GP? My Consultant said that I should ask him to refer us but this is when the 'postcode lottery' begins and I dont think I will be eligable becuase of my area..however Im going to thrash out my case to him next week (unfortunately all our treatment has left us skint - and having just moved - it would be nice to spend some ££ on carpets and curtains as well!!) ;)

Good luck one and all - no doubt I'll be asking more questions over the next few days/weeks.!

Love CateXXX

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Cate
meeting for a drink would be great. I'll email you when i get back from Cape Town.
Have had couple of weird days this week - 2 very good friends of mine have announced they are pregnant. This bit i'm finding really hard. I am really thrilled for them but it always just brings home to me the seriousness of our situation. Finding it very hard to put on a brave face this week! I know that other people are of course going to get pregnant and i would hate for them not to want to tell me but I am really finding this bit VERY hard!
Anyway enough waffle! Think I will go down the gym and work out my frustrations on the bike!
Take care
bye for now
Robyn

·
Registered
53 Posts
Count me in too!
I'll be sniffing in three weeks' time (AF arrived yesterday).
My fingers are crossed that this will be third time lucky - I had two failed cycles last year (one FET, one fresh). I do already have an IVF baby, born three years ago, and I am thankful every day for him, but would desperately love to have another child, especially since my little boy asked me yesterday "Mummy, what's my sister called?" I explained to him that he did not have a sister, or a brother. I expected him to reflect thoughtfully on that, but instead he said "I've got a tractor!"
Anyway, let's hope that 2003 is a lucky year for us all!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hello Girls

I am probably moving over here from February as have decided to postpone my FET cycle.

If AF arrives on time in Feb I should start sniffing around 15th March.

Robyn you will not see this for a while but hope you had a great time, I have always wanted to visit South Africa.

Cate I'm sure lots more will be joining us soon, so don't feel alone!

Eliza hi you are obviously not a stranger to any of this, were you "first time lucky" with your little boy?

It must be very hard going through this with a little rascal to look after as well!

Speak again soon,

love Vicky

·
Registered
53 Posts
Vicky
Yes - my very first IVF attempt resulted in success - it does happen!
My clinic assures me that having been successful once, it gives me an excellent chance of conceiving again, but after two disappointments last year I'm starting to panic, especially as I'm nearly four years older than that lucky first attempt.
We've vowed to carry on until a) I'm successful; b) I'm 40; or c) we're bankrupt - whichever comes first!
I'm not 40 until 2005, but we're hurtling towards c, especially after I've just spied a gorgeous pair of boots in the shops. I reckon I should buy them simply because of Sod's Law - if I bought them I would be sure to become pregnant and therefore unable to wear them over my swelling ankles.........Ho hum.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hope I'm not tempting fate by posting so early but we have our appointment date for our initial consultation on 4 March and have been told depending on when AF arrives (not sure as cycle is all over the place at the moment) that our first IVF cycle will start sometime around that date.

Anyone else out there who can hold my hand along the way? As I say its my first time so any help and support would be great.

x x x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Dear Niamh

I don't think we have "spoken" before so welcome to Fertility Friends! ;)

We will be doing a natural FET in March, hopefully starting mid March and if all goes well should be in the 2ww at the beginning of April!

I'm sure there will be more joining you for the full IVF cycle! But you'll have plenty of people who will be able to "hold your hand"!

Good Luck
Love Sue
xx

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi All

I did post on March/April but Paula kindly suggested getting in touch with all of you on the Feb/March thread. We have our initial consultation at Barts on 4 March and depending on my cycle (which is all over the place at the mo!) should hopefully start our first IVF mid-end of March.

Good luck to you all and I look forward to hearing all your tips on what to expect in the near future.

Niamh
x x x

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi Niamh

Welcome to the March thread, we are just warming up in the wings here, ready to make our debut.

Can sympathise about cycle being all over the shop, mine usually is, but of late it's been behaving. I expect the old ^witch^ will decide to do a disappearing act next month though.

Good luck with your appointment at Barts and keep reading / posting 'til then.

Love Vicky

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Robyn and all,

After a failed ivf this January I will be taking a month off and starting again in march.

Robyn, I read your message regarding pregnant friends and can totally relate. I seemed to be coping reasonably well with the infertility thing until my sister in-law announced that she was pregnant 10 weeks after getting married. I just went to pieces and felt very "dark". There didn't seem to be a way to get out of it and I put on all the right faces etc - but in my heart I was as jealous as hell.

The relief came when a friend of mine told me to "celebrate the black" ....and I just had to accept that "black" was where I was at and it would pass.

I find it so tempting to just "give in" and say "we'll never get pregnant" and stomp off.... but I know that's giving in..... and you just cannot be defeated.

Take heart. Find your inner strength and draw on your dh's strength and forge forward.

I'm a bit on the alcoholic stage now ... so it's all prophetic ! But hope there's something there to use.

Tracy

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi Tracey

Saw that you got a neg on the 2ww board.

I'm so sorry.

Glad you are feelign positive about your next cycle, and also enjoying a couple of glasses of wine... well why not!!! ;)

Hope that next time will be the one for you, and all of us March girlies.

Lots of love

Vicky

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi
Ok if I join you?
Ive been posted on the January board but unfortunately got a neg result early Jan (our 2nd attempt) and we are now going ahead with FET at the beginning of March so thought Id move over here.

You all sound very positive which is good to see
I can sympathise with the conversations about friends getting pg all around you, its so hard isnt it but hopefully we will all be able to shout our fab news from the rooftops soon!

Good luck to you all
H x

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Niamh (and SueL hope you remember me)
I'm hoping to start my third ICSI in March.
Had a failed attempt in April/May and again in Sept/Oct.
Third time lucky-we hope!!!
Plenty people on here will you keep you going.
J31

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi J31

Course I remember you, I've done both my fresh cycles with you!

I can't believe I'll be doing a FET same time as your ICSI!!!!!!

How are you?

Love Sue
xx

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi
Im slightly in the middle of Feb & March so thought Id join you all in here if thats OK.
Hoping to have FET transfer early March but only have 1 frostie which is at blastocyst stage (so quite a good one) but if that doesnt thaw then will be starting buserilin early march for our 3rd full cycle, either way will be on the March board I think.

Hope you're all doing OK on here, looking forward to speaking to you all more

H x

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Girls

1st Feb today - March is getting closer!!! Lets just hope that February flies by.

I hope you are all well and I look forward to chatting more over the next few weeks.

I am becoming addicted to this site and I don't know what I would do without all of you.

Loads of love.
Niamh
x

1 - 20 of 306 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.