Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here goes, was dreading the pain of contractions and labour/birth in general as had a 48 hour exhausting and most painful time with Amelia but can easily say this time was so much better/quicker/less painful and even enjoyed it  :) 

Mon 28th Apr - 6 Days overdue
IN the afternoon started getting AF type cramps while watching day time tv, then by 5pm I was thinking hmm this could be it so took some paracetamol, helped dh put Amelia to be although wasnt really up to it just wanted to lie down.  So I did and couldnt face food either so waited for dh to have his tea and then decided to put TENS machine on at around 8.30pm and started to time the contractions, they weren't regular or very long about 30 secs so we both tried to get some sleep.  At about midnight the pains got more intense and horrible.

Tue 29th April - 7 Days overdue
2am - I was having contractions more regularly and getting to the point were I couldnt cope and was asking DH to take the pain away.
4am- Contractions 5 min apart and lasting for a minute so time to ring maternity unit, they said to come straight in so we called mil to come over and look after Amelia.
5.00am - Arrived at hospital, contractions now 3-4 min apart and really bad
5.15am - Assessed and was really worred I'd be sent home (was sent home twice with Amelia for not being enough dialated) so was chuffed to bits when she said I was 6cm and would I like some gas and air - erm yes please, sucked on that whcih was heaven and apparently dh said I was really cheecky to the midwives with it and was acting like I was drunk  ;D  Then I cried as was so happy not being sent home.
5.30am - Was assigned a mw and taken straight to delivery suite, I puked as had been feeling sickly the last hour and moving around topped it off.  Had a 10 min discussion about pain relief inbetween contractions, was pondering whether to carry on with the gas and air and try the pool or to go for an epidural.  In the end I decided even 3/4 more hours of gas and air knew they would get more intense and painful plus I was tired had no sleep so talked myself into an epidural.  Said I didnt want to be a hero and I knew epidural would get rid of all pain as I'd just about had enough so epidural it was  :) :) :) MW arranged for epidural man and just waiting for him for half an hour was pleased I'd made the decision to go with an epidural as contractions got a lot worse in just that half hour.

Epidural went in, I kept thanking the epidural man  :) still had to use gas and air as could feel the peek of each contraction still, turns out had only worked on one side, epidural man called back and injected some more, took about 20 mins and I was pain free.  I LOVE EPIDURALS now totally relaxed watching morning tv, chatting to dh and mw, dosing off now and again.

I started feeling dizzy and sick plus bp went really low so mw put in a drip which worked straght away and felt better within about 10 minutes

9am - I was examined again and this broke my waters and I was 9cm dialated  :) mw said another couple of hours to let babies head come down and I could push.  I started feeling dizzy and sick plus bp went really low so mw put in a drip which worked straght away and felt better within about 10 minutes.  Had more of the same, chatting, watching tv, reading magazine etc and just waiting.  Examined again think must have been about 10/11am not sure and I was fully dialated but head was facing to the side so had to wait another hour or so for him to turn which he did.  Then had to wait half an hour or so for me to recognise the feeling of pressure and contractions to be close together to push.

12.15pm - Mw said I was ready to push so put my legs in those holdy things and I just did what she said, soon as I felt pressure at the peak of the contraction I just pushed and whatever I was doing worked as only took about 3 or 4 contractions with 2-3 pushes for each contraction and he was out.  Was such a wierd feeling as it didnt hurt one bit but at the same time I could feel it (so different to forceps) 

12.28pm - Thomas James arrived into the world onto my belly, was a funny white purple colour and he had a chubby squashed face and big fists and full of gunk.  We were left on our own with Thomas to say hello and I breast fed him from 1pm for about half an hour.

And the bad bit - I got a 2nd degree tear which took over half an hour to stitch up (very sore now too)

Now I am a VERY happy Mummy of 2, feel so blessed, proud, relieved and overwhelmed.  I never in a million years thought I'd have a baby girl and a baby boy, after 3 years of ttc heartache I just never thought this would be possible.

Ally
x

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Awww Ally  ^hugme^  made me  :'( :'( Glad is was an all round better birth this time  ^hugme^  Thomas is just gorgeous too  :-*

Fluffs xxx

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
What a lovely birth story!!  I'm so pleased for you all, it's like a fairy tale come true!!!

Hope the tear heals nicely (and quickly!!)

xxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
aawww fantastic hun - can I order another of those please? (apart from the tear!)

Hope you enjoy every minute with you lovely family :)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Ally, Your story had me in  :'(, im so happy for you, DH, Amelia and Thomas.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Wow Ally well done. Amazing story.
Not much longer for me now. Lots of love to you and your beautiful baby boy xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Aaah, I'm sat at work  :'(  What a lovely birth story, you sound so happy I can feel it!

Well done you! xx

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Aww Ally, what a lovely story. I'm so excited now, but not looking forward to the pain!!! But will be totally worth it!!

Ax

1 - 8 of 8 Posts