Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^hello^ Some of you may have seen my posts around the site or chatted with me in the chat room! I thought that it was high time I came over here to begin getting to know some of you a bit better.
I joined the site in February following a meeting with our clinic and my best friend who wants to donate her eggs to us, and we had planned to use the six weeks summer holiday for our d-icsi but my BF did not have a period following coming of the pill injection last December, and so I have been putting the whole thing to the back of my mind,posting on the in-betweenies and being in limbo most of the year and concentrating on trying naturally! until now.

Bf rang yesterday and told me she has finally got AF and is going for her blood tests this week! now I know we have to wait 3 weeks following the blood tests before I can ring the clinic, then at 6 weeks after if everything is OK, we can begin! so we are looking at the earliest middle of October. We had got this far before some 8 years ago and just after our counseling I fell pg naturally and so we discontinued, and following my m/c it has taken till now to get this far again which is why the clinic are repeating the tests.
So here I/we are about to Embark on a scary journey I have no idea how its going to affect me/us, just hoping that with FF I can be strong.  and find some Friends here to help me through it all ^reiki^
Heres hoping
~Dizzi~

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Dizzi

Fantastic news that things are about to get underway for you  ^clapping^  Can imagine it's really scarey and very exciting all at the same time. 

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Love

Jayne x  ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Awww Dizzi, just noticed you had minus bubbles  :(  Have put you back in credit  ;)  Look after them!  ;D

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Jayne for the words and the bubbles,
not sure why I was in the minus's prehaps its because I have not been posting on here much this week?? I joined the bubble thread at the height of its madness and got to 200 bubbles, but I guess the bubble monster got them.
do you know of anyone else on here using a KNOWN donor ???
~Dizzi~

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Nobody springs to mind Dizzi  :(  Hope someone replies who is though for you. 

Good luck hun.

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi Dizzy

Great that things are moving again for you! I just wanted to say that I used a known donor for my treatment, my step-sister. She was brilliant throughout it all - taking all the meds and coming down to London for her scans etc. I'm happy to chat to you about it if you have any questions, comments etc.

Good luck!

Ange

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Dizzi ~
Lovely to see you over here, and what a wonderful thing your friend is doing for you. 
Wonderful to see that things are getting moving from you, and hoping to see some very good news from you soon!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Marie xx

·
Registered
355 Posts
Wow!! Dizzy - that's great news.

I wish you and your friend a load of luck and love for your forthcoming cycle and hope for a happy outcome for you.

Ginger xxxx

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome Dizzy,

I'm sure you've learned by now that you will get tons of support on here.
How lovely to have such a generous friend - treasure her, and good luck to you both.
Amanda xx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:) :) :) Thank you everyone, It's still sinking in that we are finally moving forward !

Ange and Ginger, wow I never dared expect 2 people to come forward having a know donor so thank you both.
My BF lives in London so she will be doing the traveling we will put her up and transport her to and from the clinic, in all the years we have been trying she has been my rock, in fact from primary school she has been there for me.
I know how lucky I am to have her do this for us.
I am almost an only child ( now have 2 half brothers, and 3 step brothers and 3 step sisters)  and do feel the pressure from my mum at times.

I have had plenty of time to get my head around the whole DE issue, the grieving for my own fertility/eggs  and everything,
but somedays I question if I am really ready. I guess when it finally gets going then the excitement will kick in and it will be OK.
Anyways thats enough rambling I am glad I came over and posted  I will have a read back at some of your posts and join the donor egg cycle board when we finally get the go ahead, mean while I will probably make updates here!

^banana^ ^banana^ I am really excited to find others on here using known donor eggs as it has its own pros and cons.
I have been on the DCN website a while ago doesn't seem to update that regularly?
Anyways thanks everyone for your replies hope to chat again soon.

~Dizzi~

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:( :'( Bf missed her GP appointment to have her bloods done  :( :'(

She diddn't want to phone and tell me as she was really upset, when she did tell me I just kept laughing and telling her not to worry we've waited this long whats another month or two!
and to be honest I meant it, of course I am disapointed but hey these things happen.
~Dizzi~

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Dizzi,

Just wanted to quickly say well done on the positive attitude, it must have been really difficult on your bf letting you know that one. Good luck to you both. xx

·
Registered
355 Posts
Awh Dizzi,

So sorry to read about the delay ..... but as you say, after all this time, what's another month? I believe that we are the most patient women around - it's one big waiting game isn't it??

Best of luck to you and your friend for a timely trip to the GP next time round.

Gigner xxxx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update
Our donor (my best friend!) is still having trouble with her cycles, she booked to have her blood taken friday CD4, for fsh,lh, and stds etc,
Trouble is her AF was ok on cd1 and cd2
cd3 there was nothing and friday it was just a brownish discharge on wiping as in the end of a period. (tmi sorry)
she rang MFS for advice and they have adviced waiting until her next period!
as her letter clearly states days 4-6 for bloods I am left wondering why this may be?
so any thoughts would be welcome,

So close :( we now have another months wait for her next AF followed by the 3-6 week wait for results BEFORE ICSI can begin....

believe it or not I feel OK at the moment,
I think I have just become so numb to it all, Its like I expect this to keep happening, I mean I joined in febuary after years of going it alone, expecting an icsi cycle this July/Aug just gone and here we are almost November and I/we are still playing the waiting game....
~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just wanted to say that My friend has finally had her bloods taken yesterday and they are on their way to the clinic!

I phoned them this afternoon to let them know they are on their way and have been asked to ring again on Monday!
Going by what they said previously I need to wait 3 weeks before I ring them for any results and then 6 weeks before we get the go ahead...... DE icsi on our way...

^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.