Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my little girl twin was poti trained at 2yrs and 3mths so has been trained for 4 mths now.  She was dry during night after week but only put big girl pants on about a month ago.  Has had 2 accidents in bed and couple here and there in house but doing excellent.

I have a poti in her room so she gets up and uses in morning if she needs until her glo clock tells her its time to get up, I lift her for a pee at 10pm.

I am thinking is it time to train her to go to toilet in morning and go back to bed on her own, she goes to toilet during day and does everything herself so she can do it. 

Just thinking it may upset the household if her twin brother who is in another room hears her, and she might start shouting for help.

Should I just leave things the way they are just now or is it time to start training her to do this, only just started getting sleep after using lin elderkin and really not wanting routine being upset.  She hasnt always done a pee and thats her going from 6pm bed time to 7.40am wake up time being lifted for pee at 10pm.  Its normally at her nap time she will do pee and for me thats the most important time to get piece as I get showered and lunch in piece after aerobics class each day while they nap.

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Crazy hun, I'm a bit confused - is she actually waking up for a wee in the morning and you have to go and help her?  Or is she  just staying in bed asleep and not doing a wee?

If it's the latter, I'd leave her exactly as she is.    To have a 2 year old night trained in any sense is brilliant, I'd not push it.

Just leave the potty there.

Wierdly my DD, who is nowhere near properly potty trained, but can use a potty or loo when she feels like it, will get up in the night and use the potty in her room  ???  - I keep finding wees in it!  I put it there because she was getting up and coming downstairs saying she wanted a wee and it was becoming a bit of an excuse not to stay in bed.  I don't think you want to give your DD another reason to get out of bed before she has to, especially if you've just got over sleep problems like we have.

C x

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I leave poti in her room some mornings I go in and she hasnt done a pee but some mornings she pees in her poti and goes back to bed, at nap time she always needs a pee or poo and uses poti in room and goes back to bed so its not a problem as she not peeing the bed, sometimes she will try to get out her room and maybe pee her pants and tights as not got back to poti in time but only ever had few accidents in the actual bed.

She used to shout for a pee in morning but I just started ignoring her and she learnt to use the poti herself.

My main thought was should she now be getting up in morning and going for wee if she needs one and back to bed or is it ok to just carry on her using the poti, I suppose its just me being lazy and worried if she starts using toilet if her brother is stirring then it will wake him and also disturb me so I would prefer just to leave her with poti.

Still got twin brother to poti train, he wasnt ready the last time, he was fine first few days then quickly lost interest, I done the poti train in a week method. He still showing no interest at all even though started play group, still doesnt mind if nappi wet or soiled but can control bladder as when tried to poti train he could always do pee in poti. Decided just to totally leave it with him for a while dont show him the poti at all so he not getting bored of it.  Was going to attempt again when daddy home in 5 wks but the playgroup just phoned if he soiled his nappie so its not a big problem, not wanting to force it with him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts