Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and DH have just been diagnosed with unexplained infertility and have just started our first clomid cycle. Whenever I tell someone we have unexplained infertility and that actually I have a very good size egg every month and DH has a higher than average sperm count they congratulate me and tell thats good news. However I just don't feel like it is good news. I feel like if there s nothing wrong then there s nothing to fix and nothing to help, but when I ve said this to friends or family they all look at me like its finally time to lock me up and throw away the key. Even DH cant seem to see where I'm coming from.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
hi, you r not going mad. Me and dh are unex and i always felt it was harder than gaving something to physically treat. Your family and friends are just trying to stay positive for you and it's a common reaction from people who haven't faced infertility themselves.
Easier said than done but try not to get too wrapped up with ttc, stress can play a part.
Good luck and big hugs and hoping things work out for you

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hi Liv,

I feel the same.  I had unexplained for 4 years and I found it so hard to deal with and I agree totally that if there was a medical reason to stop me getting pregnant, I could accept and work on getting it fixed.

What was more frustrating was that when my 9 eggs and hubbies sperm was put in a pot, the little buggers all fertilised!  Grrrhhh.  Why couldn't they do that every month!

Stacey (Just about to be sectioned)
x

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi,
Have you considered extra testing? Only a few consultants do this, but you could find then that your unexplained is explained...as I have just done. At least then you have something to work with & a better chance of success...

Best of luck

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you ladies its nice to know Im not the only one and now feel I can explain myself a little better next time Im told "stop worrying if there s nothing wrong then you ll be fine"

Thanks Monkey moo I totally get what your saying about stressing over the ttc. I have just woke the DH up (Hes been on nights) with a cup of tea and the news thats its day 14 so he best get ready. Who said romance was dead lol.

Hi Helen was just wondering what extra tests you had done? Beacause I thought we had had everything that could be done but maybe there s something we ve missed.

Once again thank you I really was starting think that I was going mad x x x

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi Liv, (hi again!)

Well I certainly understand how frustrating it is being unexplained. I've been told to be grateful there's nothing wrong.

Helen - I'm also interested in the extra testing. Where can you get it done?... did you pay?....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts