Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, am new to the site, and haven't posted yet!

Am feeling a bit low after find out another one of my friends is preganant I hate it :( and now I have been told that I have a blocked tube, which is likely to be caused from a PID which I got from a miscarriage I had 2 years ago! And we have been ttc naturally since my miscarriage, and now I have been told this I am very confused to what will be my next step, and was wondering if anyone knew what would happen? Am trying to come to terms and figure out what will happen!

Hope someone can help me! Xxxx

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Leanne,  So sorry to hear about your blocked tubes, I know it's hard hunni, Is it one tube?  If the other is fine then you may still have the option of a natural pg, I'm not sure what your next steps would be as both my tubes were blocked and had to be removed.  Have you have a follow up with your consultant?  If you have and your still confused, why don't you arrange another appointment and take along a note of all the questions you have??

It really is rubbish were your hear about friends being pg, my cousin just told be she is pg after being with her bf for 8 months, I feel so miffed at the injustice of it all especially when I've been with dp for 11 years, it should be us announcing we're pg..  It's hard but the sad truth is that it's going to happen but the good thing is all the ladies on here ready to give support, I'd feel lost without this site.

Take Care and good luck..

BB xx

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Leanne,

Have you only got one tube blocked? if so a lap and dye could unblock it. You need to speak to your doctor to arrange to have one of these done

I suffered an ectopic 7 years ago, and had a tube removed, I had one tube remaining and for the last 2 years we have had numerous tests done and have had chlomid for 9 months and now I'm just about to start my first round of IVF - you dont need to know all that but you do need to push your doctor

Good luck x Zoe

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your replies! Yeah it's just the one tube that's blocked iv been to have the dye scan and that's how I found out it's blocked!!

Am back @ the hospital in 2weeks so hopefully I will get some answers!

Wishing both of you all the luck in the world

Leanne xxxxxxx

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Leanne

Just wanted to say hi, I'm sorry I've not had experience of blocked tubes but I can understand how heartbreaking IF is, particularly when it seems everyone around you is having children or getting pregnant. Everyone on here is so supportive and I'm sure that you'll experience that. I really hope your appointment goes well and I'm sure there is something can be done to help.
Sending you lots of love and babydust
X x x

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Leanne

Just wanted to say i know exactly how you are feeling. I was told 2 weeks ago that my left tube was blocked and the dye was only trickling through my right tube which means there could be a blockage there too!!! To say i was devastated would be putting it mildly!! :'(
My appointment with my consultant was for the 10th May but i got a letter on saturday putting it to the 12th instead. I only its only the difference of 2 days but i feel like i have been waiting a lifetime. I just want to know what the next step is and how we can move forward. I hate the not knowing.
If your anything like me when you were told you would've been in shock. I had myself convinced that everything was fine and the dye test was just a confirmation of that. I felt so low and was completely devastated for days. I still have bad days. My hubby has been great but i dont think that unless u have been through it you have no idea what its like. It was just like another thing thats wrong.

What date are you back with your consultant????

If you need to sound off or even a shoulder please feel free to use me - i know what your going through. Keep your chin up pet.
^hugme^ ^reiki^

Katie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts