Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I thought I would share with you the fantastic results we got with DH SA after taking supplements and hope that it might help you.

DH SA history showed 61 mil sperm with 92% abnormal morphology, this was the same for testing in Oct 07 and Feb 08.  One of these tests showed poor motility.  He enjoys a cigarette (still does) and drinks.

DH reduced his alcohol intake and (he reckons but not convinced) slightly reduced the number of ciggies he has a day.  He also started going to the gym regularly 3-4 times a week.  In addition to this he started on Zita West's male fertility vitamins and minerals 3x a day and Pycnogenol 180mg a day.  Pycnogenol is a free radical scavenger which I think helped with eliminating the toxins from the smoking.  And when I could I threw him a brazil nut his way.... wasn't too keen on those.

DH SA 3 months later showed an increase to 172 mil sperm, we were never told about the morphology.  Working on still 90% abnormal morphology that gives us 17mil good ones to play with.  Motility also greatly improved.

With such a fantastic result we are able to embark on IVF instead of ICSI.  Our journey is not quite successful yet as we go for EC tomorrow and all going well ET on Monday.

I hope I have helped one of you out there by sharing this. 

Best of luck to you all

love gaye

·
Registered
417 Posts
great news for you Gaye - and thanks for sharing!  I smiled at your comment about Brazil nuts - the only way I can get DH to eat any is to buy the chocolate coated ones from M&S, and even then it's sometimes a struggle to get him to eat them!

How long was he taking the Zita West vitamins for?

Good luck for tomorrow!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Clotted Cream

DH has been on the supplements for 3 months.  I also think the pycnogenol contributed too.  It was recommended in another thread to help with male factors.  Reading up on it it looks like it is good for loads of things.  Check it out on the net.  www.pycnogenol.com look under health professional and then library.  It then lists all the stuff it is good for with titles of research articles to look into if you are interested.

Chocolate covered brazil nuts is what DH got for easter  ;)

Love gaye

1 - 3 of 3 Posts