Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Were about to embark on our 2nd and final icsi. Our 1st was successful.
Last time I had several fsh tests ranging from 11 to 14. I wasn't offered the AMH test then and I understand it's a better indication of egg supplies/ quality than FSH.
I know fsh can be affected by stress and other factors. I was unbelievably stressed at the time it was tested before - due to tx and other awful stuff. I have always wondered if it was a good indication of egg supplies as I did get pg.
I apologise if I'm asking a question thats already on here............
During our recent consultation the doctor indicated that my results from these tests may not be great and if this is the case they may advise us not to go ahead. I suppose what I really want to know is  if the results are bad is the fact that we have been successful before a good reason to try. I know I'm worrying before I've even had the tests but I just want to prepare myself!
Thanks
Jx

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Hello!

A few of us on here have got pregnant with hideously low AMH, so try not to worry too much. Yes, if it is low you'll get fewer eggs, but it only takes one!

xx

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Miranda
I can see your amh is low and you've got Bob the bump! Congratulations! I feel quite hopeful that I will get eggs, I got 5 good ones last time and I'll prob be on higher dose of medication this time.........
Jx

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
It's quality rather than quantity that really does the business I think, so five good 'uns is much better than 20 fragmented ones. Don't let them put you off tx if it is very low.

Have a squint at the poor responders' thread under IVF - we've got plenty of success stories there, and we can swap drugs protocols!

xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.