Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya,

nervous wreck here... this is a follow on from my other threadt: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=146080.0 thanks so much to those that have replied so far,.. i am off to see my ob shortly so will update!

question: has anyone had an amnio due to high risk have it then come back negative? i mean what are the chances?

also anyone had an amnio then gone on to miscarry???

it's all very confusing....

x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hello

sorry to hear that you've had conflicting info.

My friend at 31 was given odds of 1:24.  Her and hubs decided to have the tests done for conclusive information (this obviously is a very personal choice).  They came back negative.

Interestingly their little boy (now 4) is the spitting body image of his daddy, who happens to be 6' 5" and has a very big neck.  The little boy obviously isn't that tall yet!

So yes, this is a positive story.  Interestingly the same friend is now pg with her second and isn't having a nuchal or any extra testing.

Masses of love and luck to you
Sue
x

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Hi,

I'm so sorry to read of the situation you are in and really hope the meeting with your ob has helped  ^hugme^

I had a high risk nuchal/bloods in my 3rd pg and did have an amnio done at 15 wks. The results were negtive and I now have a very healthy 4m old bubba.

It's not a particularly pleasant experience and the waiting for results and to know you are safe from mc afterwards are very hard.

Did you and your dh discuss before having a nuchal assessment done what you would do in the event of a high risk result? This is such a sensitive subject and only you and your dh can make the decision of whether you wish to go through with an invasive test. There are risks, but they are low risks - however they are real risks.

Please do ask me any questions if I can be of any help  :)

Good luck

S xxx

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks girls for your posts, very very reasurring.... i've posted my update from my appt this evening with my consultant on the other thread.. http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=146080.0 and along with your replies i feel much better...

i guess at this point i will be very selfish and request only positive stories please... i have another 25 weeks to go and rather keep some sanity now a decision has been made... thanks so much

xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts