Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was dx yesterday with severe anaemia - does anyone know if this can cause problems, ie miscarriage?  I have known I was slightly anaemic last year, suffered the first miscarriage Jan 07 then the second this Feb, and just wondered if there was a connection?

Am now on high doses of iron!

Minnie

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi Minnie,

I am so sorry to hear of your losses  ^hugme^.

I'm sorry I cannot help with your question, hopefully somebody may come along soon.

I just wanted to say that I suffered from Anemia in my twin pregnancy, and was taking prescribed iron tablets to help, (my mid trimester loss of our boys was not related to my anemia) and I remember how awful i felt, It wasn't until afterwards when my iron levels got back to normal that I realised it made me feel so poorly, big  ^hugme^ to you.

I hope somebody will come along with some info for you, be gentle on yourself.

Emma.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Emma.  I think last year I felt so rotten after the m/c because I then had the blood clots, so it wasn't really picked up, this year after the m/c I got a throat infection and it was only after it didn't go away and the GP did a blood test because they thought my white cells might be high, that it was discovered.  I can't wait to start the iron tablets (not for the side effects), but hopefully because I will be whizzing around with bags of energy!

Regards

Minnie

·
Registered
388 Posts
The side effects for me were not too bad at all, a lot of ladies complain of constipation. But once you get them in your system you will notice you start to feel a whole load better.

Good luck

Emma.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Emma - well three days in and no side effects yet!  I have been doing some searches and found there is (or can be) a connection between deficiency anaemia and recurrent miscarriage, so it is definitely something I will be taking up with the clinic when we start again.

I hadn't picked up from your earlier message the loss of your boys, and wanted to say how sorry I was for you.  Having a miscarriage at any time is heartbreaking but to get so far, must be unthinkable.

Best wishes.

Minnie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts