Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

After failing my 3rd ICSI, I am trying to pull myslef together and think positively for the future! ;)

Anyway, I found out on my last treatment that I have a relatively high FSH (9.9 - I am 33).  I have heard agnus castus helps lower FSH but I don't know what dose I should be taking or where to get it from - I've looked on the web and can't find much information.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Tina

·
Registered
14 Posts
HI Tina,

I don't know what dose you need to take but I read the Marilyn Glanville book and decided to take it (I only did it for a month so probably didn't get the most out of it) for my own personal reasons not because my fsh was high.

I took about 15 drops of the liquid form in water (it is like drinking nasty perfume it is vile!! :p) every morning and it is widely available in health food shops.

Hope this helps & good luck!!

LOL

Zoe R

XX

·
Registered
600 Posts
Tina

I took Agnus Castus (or Vitex, or Chasteberry as it is also known) for about 10 months prior to tx. I have never had my fsh measured but took it to help regulate my hormones and reduce pmt, which it did REMARKABLY well.

I took it in tincture (drop) form which is best and I used an organic one to be sure of the strength and quality. I bought mine from an Edinburgh herbalist (200 yrs old, very good reputation) called Napiers. They are online and will post you out some quickly. A bottle cost about £8 but lasts for absolutely ages. It does taste odd to start with, but I actually found I missed the taste when I stopped taking it prior to tx.

You need to take it for a couple of months for it to get right into your system.

Good luck, it is well worth a go -

Imogen.x.x.x

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi,
I bought some from Holland and Barrartt and they are in a tablet form. I havent taken them yet as I am having all my checks done at the moment...ie blood tests, xrays etc and then I will take them depending on the results.
Shelley
xx

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Zoe, Imogen and Shelley

Thanks for your replies

Zoe - good luck with go number 4 - I really hope it's your time

Imogen - massive congratulations on your pregnancy. I will seek out Napiers and order some.

Shelley - good luck for when you get started.

Take care

Tina xx

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi Tina
have been exactly the same dilemma!
I bought a bottle of Angus Castus capsules about 3 weeks ago and started taking one a day, but looked on the label the other day (only 3 weeks too late!) and noticed they recommended two caps per day... so am a bit undecided about whether or not to up my dose! (can't remeber what the dose per capsule is (doh!) will check up when i get home)
Wizz

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Girls

Just to let you know I have ordered some Angus Castus from Napiers on the internet - lets hope it works!

Wizz - I have absolutely no idea what dose to take - I'll wait until the stuff arrives and have a look.

Take care

Tina x

·
Registered
229 Posts
looked on the bottle and the capsules i have are 400mg, and the bottle advises 1 twice a day so will have to try to remember to up my dose !
wizz

·
Registered
46 Posts
When is you you should take the drops?

I bought some about 4 years ago, in tablet form, and was taking one a day! They were expensive, but I am willing to give anything a go!

What is it meant do by the way? ???

Debs

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi,
Does anyone know the amount you should take of this herb and also for how long. I am sure that i read somewhere that you dont take it all month and shoudl stop at some point. But am not sure of this or when to stop.
Cheers,
Shelley

·
Registered
282 Posts
bump

I would also be interested in any replies to this

Alison

·
Registered
160 Posts
Does anoyone know...pleassseeeee...

The reason I asked is that my periods finished last week (thursday) and on i took AC on sat and sun. I had bleeding on those two days, just bits of spotting. I have never had this before and wondered if any of the ladies had this after taking the herb.

Thanks
xx

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Hi Shelley and Alison,

I've been taking Agnus Castus tincture for the last three months. I just did what it said on the bottle - 1ml x 3 daily. I have never had bleeding when I took it, but then, I started at the beginning of my cycle on the first day of bleeding. You should really stop when you are undergoing tx and/or become pregnant. You could also reduce the amount once you have ovulated.

I'm taking it to hopefully reduce my fsh levels. I don't know yet if it has worked, but will find out soon.

Crystal

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi Shelley
I started taking the Agnus Castus capsules from Holland and Barratt at the start of my last cycle. They said take 4 day, two morning, two evening which I did. Didn't have any adverse side effects from it and am now happy to say Im 11 wk 6 days pregnant ;D Hope it works for you.
Love Karen :-*

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Hi Shelly

I have been using Agnus Castus too, I started off taking tablets from Health Span,one a day, once I finished those I started taking a tincture of Vitex Agnus Castus from Napiers - as recommended on here.

The dosage on the bottle is 25 drops in water 3 times a day. And like Karen I fell naturally 6weeks 2 days. I can't say that it was the Agnus Castus that helped me but it may of. I have also lost almost 1stone in weight since the beginning of this year.

Good luck

love & hugs

Camilla ^sunny^

·
Registered
282 Posts
Karen and Camilla

Can I ask did both of you stop taking it in your 2ww every month or just carry on as normal?

Alison

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I kept taking it..I only stopped when I tested +ve - I wasn't expecting a result!

Camilla

·
Registered
160 Posts
Oh my goodness...you guys have some wonderful news....congrats..xxx

so when is the best time to start taking angus cactus? can i start mid way? or wait till start of next period?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow you guys have had some real success! Congratulations!

Can I ask what agnus cactus is for, specifically?

Cheers
Lots of love
Kate
xxx

1 - 20 of 285 Posts