Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oohh, I can't believe I'm posting on this board!!  ;D

Anyway, we are adopting a 15 month old child.  DH would like a video monitor, but I've looked at some that have said "not suitable for toddlers". 

What do you think?  Do they only work "close up", and therefore really need to be in the dot with the child (which obviously isn't suitable for a toddler)?

Do we really need one in the first place?  ^idiot^

Any advice greatly received!!

Bx

·
Registered
479 Posts
my friend has a video monitor and doesnt really reckon on the picture quality...

for my money, at 15 months you will be fine with a (pretty basic but durable) listening device. The main feature for me has always been sure that it is working and works in other peoples houses - so a long range and good battery life in the parent pack.

You get what you wish for with monitors, by that i mean that if you get an audio one, you will listen for every sound and keep yourself awake half the night listening to perfectly normal noises. if you get a video one you will probably end up with half an eye on it all night and get an even worse nights sleep!!

How lovely - adopting at 15 months old - a wonderful age!

A

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Congratulations on your adoption!  and welcome to the parents' board  :) :) :)

I agree with Mrs W, a sound one will probably be enough to keep you busy anyway!! 

I think you could be right that the video monitor may have to be too close to the child and it's a risk they'll get hold of it.

Claire x

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Hi Boggy

I would hold off buying one just yet as i would see what FC is sending with your DD

I thought of getting one for our DS however dont need one as we would hear him and gto be honest once he is a alseep there is no waking him!

xxx

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks,

I'll try to talk DH out of buying one!  My dad has even suggested buying a cheap CCTV system and rigging it up in the bedroom but i think we'd get a few comments from the social workers if we did that!  ;D

Thanks again
Bx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts