Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^hello^ ladies

Just wondered if there was anyone else who's about to start (or just started) another cycle of Clomid ?  I start my 2nd cycle tomorrow (Tuesday - CD2).
Feeling bit  ^eyes^ today as I've been soooo good - no alcohol, doing everything I should & nothing I shouldn't....
I wasn't expecting miracles on 1st cycle but never gave up hope - so here we go again for more  ^confused^ ^tantrum^:'( - anyone care to join me ???

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Me, me, me....

Af turned up last Fri, so day 4 for me!

I am taking 100mg - last chance before IUI!

what are you taking?

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Can I play too!!!

I am a little later on than the two of you,I am on day 12 and should be going for a scan on thursday???Just say if you dont want me :'( :'(. Only joking,but I would love to be able to chat with you both and anyone else that is at the same sort of stage.Are either of you having IUI this cylcle??

Kelly x

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Hi Kelly,

Not having IUI this month, but if Clomid is unsuccessful I will be tring IUI. Are you on IUI this month? How long was the waiting list?

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Hi Natasha

I start for my first time tomorrow, have just picked up prescription and rather tha feeling excited, I am feeling depressed and apprehensive as I've just read all the side effects!!!!

Good luck to us all

Niki

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi cycle buddies  :)

I'm on 50mg - only prescribed for 3mths & this will be my 2nd.  If no luck with Clomid then it'll be IVF for us.  I've damaged tubes & consultant says not much point with IUI for us so straight onto IVF.  We'll be paying privately if we have to go down that route but fingers crossed the Clomid will work....I ovulate naturally so this is to "boost" things....
Still feeling  ^eyes^ but I know I have to pick myself up, dust myself off & prepare for round 2 !

Niki (whenwillI?) - we're exactly same dates then if you starting tomorrow !

Is anyone else being monitored - scans and/or prog bt's ?  I'm having both...

Wishing us all lots of luck for this next cycle....please please don't let the ^confused^  :mad: get me this month !
Take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Hiya again,

Caz-yeah,this will be our 1st IUI this month so I assume if all is ok on the scan this Thursday we might be getting basted on Friday(eeekkk!!!)We are with the nhs for our treatment and as we already have one child we are entitled to 3 attempts of IUI,then we are on our own,so we are really,really hoping this works as we are so broke,don't think we could ever save up enough for private treatment.Originally they told us 6-8months waiting for IUI but its been just under a year.This is my 2nd month on clomid.How are your side effects going???I get a wicked attitude on me!!

Niki-I can remember when I got my prescription,it feels like you are actually starting something officially doesn't it!!??Don't worry about the side effects the leaflets are there to scare us im sure.Some people don't get any side effects but people who are prone to headaches take them at night so that they have the worst of it in there sleep.I just get a bigger dose of what feels like pms and hot sweats but they pass,I think the bloating is the worst thing but if you get them just wear comfy stuff and imagine your pregnant when no ones watching(not that I do that of course ;D).Best of luck for starting clomid ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Natasha-we are on round 2 together then-really hoping it goes well for you,just try to think posotive and I won't say try and forget about it but that is impossible.Don't now about you but the 2ww is the worst-just wish I could turn my brain off!!!

Kelly x ^Cuddle^

·
Registered
130 Posts
hi all you wonderful upbeat ladies,
the human spirit never ceases to amaze me - here we all are going forward yet again for this upsetting wild amazing experience....which may give us that wonderful gift of a child of our own............

im on my second course of clomid increased from 50g - 100g. i took FFs advice this month and take clomid at night - have to say had no side effects except tearful on Satday and my eyes went blurry last night.

today is day 6 of my cycle which is normally 28 days - this month after the clomid my cycle was only 26days and my AF was very light and only lasted 2 days. i will start testing for ovulation on day 11 and then im back on the rolllercoaster of the 2ww.
anyone want to be cycle buddies or can i jus butt in .
Lotsa love
sooze

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi there....

I started clomid for the first time last Tuesday, 5th July, so I guess this means I'm on day 8 of my cycle.  I did suffer from some side effects, I felt sick and had a little tantrum on Thursday.

Fingers crossed now, and obviously lots of ^BMS^

Good luck to us all.....

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
oh yeah - I am a mean (mumma) hopefully anyway! that is the only side effect I get - apart from big sore boobies that I love! hee hee

PMSL - pretending to be preggers with bloating belly! I do that! I puch my belly out and say to him "Do ya think I am up the duff" Love it!

Day 5 today!

Been pushing all the vitamins down hubbys throat for this month!

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Morning ladies...

Well I've just had an email from my consultant & he wants me to have another blood test - good job I don't have a fear of needles !  Apparently the one I had done on NHS for clotting (not sure of name as had sooo many) was incomplete so he wants me to have it again.  He already said that from what info he has got that I have "sticky" blood so have to take baby aspirin but he wants more detailed information since he said it could be causing early miscarriage....not sure what my body is doing !  :mad:  He said its an expensive test so he'll send me form to get it done on NHS again rather than paying privately.  I've also got to go for another scan between days 10-15 of cycle to see how many eggs to be released this month - it was 2 on right ovary last month.

Not feeling so weepy today - got a big cuddle from Gareth when he came home from work yesterday which always makes me feel better....I'm off work again today as every time I have a late period (alternate months) it's so painful - I've been up all night with terrible cramps & it's really heavy with massive clots (sorry - tmi  :-[ :-\ ), I've considered taking out shares in Lillets I'm getting through so many - the joys of being a woman.  I also feel a bit nauseous & my back aches really badly - basically feel poo  :(  I've still got some co-codamol that my GP gave me the month before last when this happened before - I've taken a couple which seem to have helped but spose they could be whats making me feel sicky.

Starting 2nd cycle Clomid tonight so hopefully period will ease up but then oh the pleasure of the side effects  :eek: - thankfully my 1st month wasn't too bad so I'm hoping this one won't be either....

Hope you ladies are all ok & sending lots of  ^reiki^
Take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Morning ladies,

Well I am really nervous-started getting ov pains over the last couple of days so I started opk's and got a posotive this morning-I am not meant to be going for a scan till thurs,still waiting for a nurse to call me back-hope its not to late!!!

I want to be basted-RIGHT NOW!!!

Kelly x

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Hi Natasha

Took my first tablet last night!!  Already getting carried away and thinking of positive things!!!  SHouldn't do that I know as I'll set myself up for a fall.  How are you feeling today??  DH waiting nervously for my side effects!!! me too!

Niki

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Niki

Yep, I took 1st pill of 2nd cycle last night - thankfully no side effects as yet - I'm at work so avoiding speaking to anyone who may annoy me (& there are a couple here who I feel like biting their heads off even when I'm not hormonal !! ^bigbad^ they're such  ^idiot^  ...so I'm keeping a low profile, getting on with work....  :-X 

Last month I was fine on the 1st day but it was 2nd day I had  :'( and  ^tantrum^  it only lasted one day thank god - but boyfriend is prepared now - I wondered why he got his golf clubs out last night  :mad: ^roflmao^

Got my monitoring scan next week - consultant only does Tuseday's & Wednesday's at the private hospital we go to so since Wed is CD10 looks like I have no other option to have it done then....have to have scan between CD10-CD15....

Anyway, it's good to stay positive  ^reiki^ - there's lots of success with Clomid - its been around for years !
Good luck & take care  :)
Natasha

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Hi,

Went for the scan this morning but its too late for any basting or bms as I only had 1 follie and it's burst :'( :'(the nurse was horrid but its a long story-if only they would have listened to me yesterday morning we might of still had a chance.

Good luck to the rest of you!!

Kelly x

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
kelly, so sorry to hear that, the problem is next time seems such a long time away.  I've found i'm constantly counting down the days now for the various things we have to do.

Natasha, you're notes on here make me laugh! By the way, what does nbsp mean? and cd?  Still trying to get used to the slang on here! 

Thanks

Niki

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Kelly

I've just re-read your posting.  What happened with the nurse and why was she horrid?

Niki

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Hi Niki,

The nurse was horrid because

a) She said "Ah well there is always next month"

b)She admitted that if we would have gone in yesterday they most probabilly would have caught it in time!!

c)she asked if we had BMS 48hrs before I got the posotive opk-I said no as they advised us against it-she then said "well it's too late now but you should have done it anyway."

d)And when I asked her if I should have earlier scans next cycle she said yes-on day 12-but yesterday was day 12 and I had already ov'd,so what good would that be next month??

How the hell was I meant to know I was gonna ov early!!!!!

^tantrum^ ^tantrum^ ^tantrum^ Rant over!!!

Kelly x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Niki

I've no idea what nbsp is - I insert a "smiley" & then when post the message those letters keep appearing - not sure what's going on.... but I can't delete the letters cos they don't actually show when I'm typing the post - very wierd - must be gremlins somewhere ^surprise^ Ah ha...I've just worked it out - its when I put too many spaces in between words...have corrected this message now - can't be bothered to correct the others...never had that before!

And CD means cycle day....take a look at "words & meanings" on the home page (left hand column) - that gives most of the abbreviations - can get confusing can't it !
Glad my posts make you laugh though ;)

I'm still feeling ok although must admit could've throttled someone at work....she winds me up at the best of times....luckily for her it was all via email ^bigbad^ Hope the side effects continue to stay away - boyfriend has planned to work at other office tomorrow so he won't be home till late - very convenient me thinks! Nothing to do with possibility of psycho woman emerging ;D ^evil^

How you coping on yours - hope no side effects have reared their ugly heads ?

Hi Kelly
I'm so so sorry they've missed it this month - unbelievable that the nurse was so insensitive! I'd have given her a piece of my mind ^furios^ Are you not able to make a complaint to your consultant, especially since you have been concerned for few days about ov'ing too early & even called them to check - when you're ttc for a long time its not just a case of "oh well, better luck next month" - a totally unprofessional attitude if you ask me! Anyway, sending you lots of ^hugme^

Take care both....
Natasha
:)

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.