Thought I'd start a thread

Succotash - IVF Starting stims - 27/9/05 ^reiki^ds Nov 03

Suzy - IVF d/r since 21/9/05, blood test 27/9/05 ^reiki^ - Jake born 27/12/04

Sher - IVF d/r Sept on buserilin and metformin ^reiki^ 2 boys 7 and 3

Hun - IVF - fresh cycle IVF d/r starting Oct ^reiki^Henry Charles - 8/11/04

Emma73 - starting IVF November
^reiki^ Luke born 23/8/05, Zac, his twin ^angel^

Karen1 - IVF ED On progynova Ds born 21/5/04

Reading through this it looks as if we've all got bfps already, which I guess we all have.

Hope all the details are correct,

Suzy

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

Well, its been raining here for two days and I've been at a loose end - been eating too much chocolate and crisps and feeling bad about it. No side effects really to the synarel, but I've had a few mild headaches that I would hardly notice were it not for the fact that I'm on a drug that can cause them. Ds is getting a cold and was up in the night coughing - I sound like a right whinge at the moment. Just feel out of sorts I guess.

How is everyone doing?

Suzy

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
Nice Work Suzy. I am on a list again! I have got suprefact this time for d/r which you inject - i hated sniffing, and it was cheaper!
Have you had your baseline yet?
Hun xx

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI Hun,

We don't have baselines in our clinic (I dont' think). I have a blood test for oestrogen I think this morning and if its low enough then start stims tonight or tomorrow. My dh has gone away with work for the night last night and boy I really noticed his absence. I felt like a single mum and now have great empathy with what they go through. Best bit was having a big bed all to myself though ;D

Love,

Suzy

·
Registered
212 Posts
oohhhh- I'm on a list - OH MY GOD!!!!! I always knew that time flies but I cannot believe that I am due to have my scan on Monday! Have no idea if I am going to be on the long or short protocol - last time they put me on the short - but if they do that again then I could be stimming very soon! All very very scary.

I'm already eating too much - cant diet with IVF commong up but shouldnt be the pig I am either! Right - gotta go - I'm having to e-bay my household contents on e-bay to raise the cash for my treatment. How sad is that!!

Emma   

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi, can I join your thread? ;D

Ive been on the abroadies thread, but as I have already got a daughter born 21.5.04 on my first ivf cycle, I feel abit of a fraud as most of the lovely ladies on there are trying for their first.  I rarely join in with the abroadies as I feel abit selfish moaning about how I'm feeling when I am already blessed with a child.

Heres my story.....after my daughter was born I did FET and 2 more ivf cycles - all bfn.  I have poor egg quality so I'm now going down the DE route.

Am currently on Progynova and are going to Altra Vita in Moscow on 9th October for DE.  The ET should be 6 days later. :)

Having had one child I thought it would be enough, but I long for a sibling for my daughter.  I just desperately want to give her a brother or sister (if that makes sense!)

Karen xx

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
Hi All

Suzy- have you started stabbing yet?

Succotash - how was your baseline...are you off and stabbing?

Emma - hi sweetie, hope you are feeling pos about your forthcoming cycle, and nowe you have some company those doubts are ebbing away.

Karen - Hi and welcome to the thread. Treatment in Moscow sounds very exciting. Wishing you all the luck in the world (well nearly all so long as some is left for the rest of us!!)

lol and have a happy w/e
Hun xx

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi everybody,

Karen - welcome to the thread. Moscow - how fabulous. How come you are going to Moscow or do you live there? I know what you mean about longing for another baby, and I think that we are entitled to long for one, in the same way that women without fertility issues want another child.

Emma - how you going? You made me smile when you mentioned that you have started eating, as I am just the same. I have all these good intentions of eating healthily and not eating crap or rubbish foods, but when it comes down to it, its like now I am going through IVF, I feel I have to have all these food rewards, to make life more pleasurable and you can bet that they're not fresh fruit and vegetalbes. It makes me feel awful, and I hate myself for it, but can't seem to do anything to stop myself. Still when it comes down to it, I really believe that it matters little what you do during the cycle, and that the drugs and chance takes over (that is apart from the obvious like drinking yourself stupid or scubadiving)

Hun - where are you at?

I've started stabbing last night on 188 of gonal f. Having a blood test on Wednesday. The weather here is just picture perfect today. We are off to a childs birthday party (Emma - another opportunity to feast on absolute crap !!! Will have to make sure I am nowhere near the party food). Can't say I really enjoy the birthday party thing, but feel I must go as it'll soon be my son's turn. I think I have cystitis again, which is a real pain as its just the thing you don't want in the middle of an ivf cycle.

Have a good weekend everyone,

Suzy

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi Hun and Suzy, thanks for the welcome!  :)

We decided to go to Moscow because we need DE and they have no waiting list.  Also the donors are fair, just like me. Going next sunday and getting quite excited about it, just hope it works.  Dont think I can handle another bfn!

Have another scan booked tomorrow - just to check lining.  Hope everythings ok, as feeling quite bloated, dont know if anyone else has had those symptoms taking progynova?

Good luck to you all, I hope all your dreams come true  ;D

Karen xx

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi  everyone - well - today I called my clinic as i am on Day 1 of my cycle - what is it you al call it - Wicked witch Aunt Flow or someting lol

I was meant to going for pre-tx scan today but rescheduled due to an appointment I had today with a consultant re my last prem labour/pregnancy. I was very nervous and wrote down a list of questions with space to take notes. My dearest mum rearranged her day as dp at college and only when we half way there did I check the appointment card and realise I had the wong month.

To say I'm not with it is and understatement. Everything is ready to go with regard to my IVF - except for my smear results. Have been waiting 3 weeks now. Its a total pain  ^eyes^ as I would have been downregging from tomorrow but will have to wait a few weeks now - unless they happen to come in tomorrow.

I range from feeling so excited to thinking "Stuff this" - is that normal?? Or am I going mad. Suz - I read today somehting that made me feel very good about eating - it said that toxins are stored in our fat and not to diet at all before TX as it releases all the toxins and they bad for our eggs. I'm reaching for the chocolate as I type!!

Weclome to our wee thread Karen - Moscow sounds so exciting - I do hope it works for you! I'm feeling better Hun - less worried about all the things that were worrying me - just worried in case it dosent work now!  How you going Suz - how is it doing it all with a baby??

Right - im nervous about tomorrow so am going to go and try and chill. Sorry if I have forgotten anyone - as I said to say I'm not with it is an understatement.

Lots of love for now

Emma xx 

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Everyone,

No change for me, just keep on stabbing and sniffing. Have to set the alarm on my mobile phone to make me remember. Yesterday forgot to set the alarm and was 1/2 hour late. In the morning, I have co-incided my sniffing with coronation street at 8 (in Australia on cable TV), which I'm addicted to and apparently is way behind the UK.

My ds has a bad cough at the moment, and so isn't sleeping well, poor little thing. He also wakes me with his coughing, so tonight, might wear ear plugs and put dh on baby duty. Yesterday we went for a picnic by the water. It was a real stinker - 33 degrees and again, I left my gonal f out in the cupboard as it says one open, you don't need to refrigerate it. Still, did the same last time and it still worked.

I'm still getting headaches and the occasional twinge in the ovary. Last time, I remember having a lot of discomfort in the ovaries. Not sure how soon it happened during stims.

Emma - I'm feeling excited along with a sense of dread - I so don't want to keep having to go through this. And I know we were lucky to get our bfps first time, but I still don't think anyone deserves to have to go through ivf at all. Good luck tomorrow, Emma, they must monitor you more with scans in Edinburgh, we have lots of blood tests not so many scans.

Bye for now,

Suzy

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi all,

I've been MIA due to computer problems and ds having a stinker of a cold. I've been frantically hand washing to prevent me catching it and so far so good. How are you all doing? I need to do a bit of catching up.

Suzy - you have my sympathies with your lo being unwell. Hope he gets better soon. Can't believe your temperatures over there. We're just gearing up for winter and I've even had the heating on. My goodness Corrie at 8 am. Then again it probably beats (that dreadful) Fiona whatsername on GMTV. I'm eating what I like too. I figure that now is not the time to deprive myself.

Emma - sorry to hear that your smear results are going to hold things up for you. Fingers crossed that you get them soon so that you can get going. I lived in Edinburgh as a student and loved it so much. I regularly try to persuade DH to move there. (I am a Scot so am in self-imposed exile!).

Hun - where abouts are you in treatment? Are you d/r? Hope it's going OK.

Karen - my goodness Sunday is almost here. Are you making a bit of a holiday of it or is it just there and then back? It sounds great. My DH used to work in St Petersburg and we've been talking of going there and Moscow for a holiday but something always seems to get in the way. Maybe next year. You asked about bloating on progynova. I was prescribed it on my last fresh cycle after transfer and I felt quite crazy on it. Very bloated and very constipated (sorry if TMI).

Sher - hope you're OK.

I'm now on day 8 of stims and good grief hasn't time flown. My baseline scan was all OK and my scan yesterday showed 9 follies so hopefully they will have eggs in them. Reason I say this was on my first cycle (bfp) I had more follies than eggs and on my second cycle I had more eggs than follies. So it's anyone's guess. My only concern at the moment is that I have one follie much bigger than the others and I'm just hoping that this is not going to cause problems. I am trying to be sanguine about the whole thing as there is not a lot I can do about it. <sigh>

I'm doing OK and I really think that the acupuncture is helping me keep my feet on the ground and be reasonably balanced. Lots of twinges in my ovaries and am very bloated and very thirsty. I'm drinking gallons of water. Having another scan tomorrow so here's hoping my lead follie isn't up to mischief.

Best wishes to you all, Succotash

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi everyone,

Succotash 9 follicles, thats good!  And it only takes one ;D

Emma, hope you get your results back soon.  Its so frustrating waiting for them.  I had to have loads done a few months ago and it left like they took a lifetime to come back.

Suzy, I hope your son is getting better.  Think a cold is much worse in a hot climate.  Cant believe how warm it is out there.  My dh loves Austrailia and would like to move out there, think the temperature would be too much for me.

We are making a holiday out of Moscow. Really looking forward to seeing the sights as to be honest its not a place that I would have ever thought about going. Really nervous about the treatment, just hope it works, dont think I could handle another bfn

Karen xx

·
Registered
194 Posts
^hello^ girls,
Sorry haven't been posting lately as been very ill, somehow managed to develope pneumonia and ET was postponed. I know what you mean with trying to avoid catching it from kids. My kids are not the source for a change, I am a GP so a bit difficult to avoid sick people. Anyhow am feeling much better and having a scan tomorrow and if all well maybe ET this friday or early next week.

Karen- hope all goes well in Moscow and you have a nice time too  :-*

Succotash- 9 follies sound really good, I have lots of follies, but not a lot of eggs. I think it's something to do with pco. when is your ec?

Suzy- sniffing and stabbing, how exciting. when is your first scan?  :)

Hun- I hope you are well  :-*

Sharon xxx

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
Hi All,

Suzy, glad the stabbing is going OK. Hope your little boy is getting better - colds are really doing the rounds here.

Succotash - Gosh nearly at EC!!! I didn't realise you were so advanced in your cycle.  Sounds like things are going well, and heres hoping that those follies have lots of lovely eggs in them. I hope your little one is getting better too.

Emma- Sorry its been a frustrating few days for you. Did you start D/r? I know what you mean about swinging backwards and forwards, between feeling really pos, and feeling like its all sheer madness.

Karen - Moscow sounds great. Sorry if I've missed the info but is this your first time having tx abroad?

Sharon - Pneumonia sounds nasty! Hope youre on the mend, and those embies are snuggling safely in by the weekend. Good luck for ET.

I too have been wobbly about tx- whereas last time I was SOOOO excited about the whole thing, this time I feel real trepidation about the fear of faliure, juggling work and motherhood and cycling. Not really sure why. Plus the recent spate of  'natural miracles' have been such good news, and yet have made me feel that perhaps we haven't left it long enough of trying naturally before starting tx again. Its such a toughie.

Plus I am starting d/r on the 10th Oct, but my baseline isn't until 4th Nov. This means nearly 4 weeks D/r - basically to fit in with clinic theatre schedules. Feel decidely depressed about the tought of feeling cr*p with the d/ring for so long - and I know theres not a lot I or anyone can do about it - just the way AF fell last month.

Are any of you planning to take your embies to blastocyst? If so did you do it last time? We are aiming to maximise our chances by doing blastocysts this time, but i was successful on a day 2 transfer with henry, so still feeling a bit mixed up about this too.

Lots of love to you all  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
hun xx

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi everyone,

Succotash - well done on your follies and glad to hear about those twinges and bloating, sounds like things are moving. You're right about being sanguine - there's not much you can do about it. Sanguine is such a big word - I'm impressed, don't think I can even spell it!

karen - have a lovely holiday in Moscow. Will you still be able to log in and post??

Sher - OMG - pneumonia you poor thing!! I'm also a GP, but during my last ivf and the whole of my pg, I was well without any infections (now I am only working one day a week).  I felt really resentful of my job at times, especially on one Saturday when I saw 8 people with diarrhoea and vomiting.

Hun - no wonder you are peeved about the d/r for such a long time. They made me do it for two extra days because of theatre schedules and I was peeved (but now am considerably less peeved after reading about your clinic). How did you go with d/r on your last cycle? Did you have much in the way of side effects. I know what you mean about your feelings about having another cycle. I feel a great trepidation about the fear of failure too, as if I've had my fair share of luck now, so its bound to fail. And I have a fear of how I'll cope with another baby and particularly if it was twins - I had pnd with my ds - and am still on treatment - and even though once I started anti-depressants it got better really quickly, I still feel some anxiety about it.
We are growing ours to blastocysts. We did with the last cycle too. We had 12 fertilized and got three blastocysts. Two were transferred and one is still a frostie. How many did you transfer to get your ds?

Em - how ya doin??

Well its another hot one today - said to get up to 33 again. Might take ds for a swim this afternoon. He is much better, slept really well last night, and his cough has mostly gone, but he now sounds like he smokes 30 a day when he does cough ;D. Me and dh have a box of Lindt choccies in the fridge and we are eating one a night after dinner, but I've already broken this and had an extra one this morning - then its the inevitable slippery slope to eating the whole lot. At least I have and excuse (goes something like this ....... But I'm having ivf and drugs and injections and my tummy huuuuuuurrrrts :'() During my pg, I ate so many Lindt balls that the girls at work said I was going to give birth to a Lindt Ball  ;D. Also trying to control my intake of tea and coffee. Yesterday had one coffee and four teas - a definate improvement on before - but still pretty poor!

Everyone seems to be having scans. I'm having blood tests, and haven't had a scan yet. I've been stimming now for 5 days and had a blood test this morning for oestrogen levels - they were 900 (I remember last time they were 15,000 and went up to 40,000 - I remember thinking that is was amazing that your level can go from less than 80 to 40,000 in 10 days and you not really feel any different) I am having some pain in the ovaries and last night had a couple of panadol, so thats a good sign.

Hope everyone is doing well,

Love,

Suzy

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi all - i havent got my contact lenses in yet so have just skim read - and have been up since 6:00 am thanks to my darling son  ::)

So glad to hear that its not just me thats feeling so funny about another IVF cycle- Hun your words struck a chord with me as I have been feeling that the whole thing is a bit of a hassle, what with the scans and time at hospital with looking after Luke too !!

I went for my first scan yesterday and to put it mildly it was all a bit of a shock to my system. The clinic shares the same doors to where I was looked after during my twin pregnancy AND the neonatal Unit AND the labour ward. i was ok during my scan but started to get a bit edgy when I was being given the drugs. i didnt like my nurse - she was nippy with me when I asked her if my smear results were in, and the Dr scanning me mumbled about not being able to find my womb or ovaries and mumbled on and on about my left ovay being quiet!! So naturally I'm lying there thinking - "oh no, my pregnancy has killed my ovaries and has moved my womb". it hasnt obviously - I was just lying funny - but he didnt move me - he just had a good rummage around with the probe OUCH!!!

So - I'm waffling here, as we were leaving (my mum came with me and DP and Luke - she gave us lift and watched luke) I started to feel a bit panicky in the car park and and thought my legs were going to buckle from under me - just like how I felt when i realised I must be in labour - and then in the car I completely broke down. Not a good start me thinks!!

It took me a good 10 mins to pull myself togther -all I could say was that I just didnt think I could go through with it. Actually starting has brought back so many feelings and also it has now become a reality. I should be feeling excited - not upset and scared of either result.  Any way - my god - well done if you are still with me - I thought about it all day yesterday and thought about how I would feel if somebody said to me "Its a miricle - you are pregnant right now". Well - I'd be delighted. So - I am taking a deep breath and going to try and be strong enough to get through this.  I just hope that it dosent happen again when I go back for my next scan.       

So - I have to start dr on day 23 of my cycle, its the 25th of OCtober or something - not going on the sort protocol as originally told - so I dont know what to expect now as this way of doing it is all new for me. The nurse said this way means its longer taking the drugs - I have been told that its shorter by the Sister of the Dep - so am totally and uterlly confused and feel a bit lost there too!!

Apart from that girls - IM GREAT  ;D

About to go back to bed with my boy - so soryy about the me me me post - will have to get better at doing to  the wee personals!!

Bye for now Emma xxx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi everyone,
Please could you add me to the thread?
I am going for initial consultation in November 30th (argc) and have DD born 10/04/02 (Exeter) We are very excited!!! :)
speak soon
Love rowingbeau x

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
Hi everyone,
Hope you are all well. This thread moves at the sort of pace I can just about cope with. Oct/Nov Cycle buddies is mad!!! There are so many people on it I can't keep track of who anyone is! What it does make me realise is that since I last cycled Jan 2004, this site has got a lot bigger!

Rowingbeau - welcome. Congratulations on your dear daughter and sorry to hear about your recent ICSI faliures. Will this be your first tx at ARGC?

Emma- Sorry to hear you had a rough day on Tues. It must have been very hard going back to the hospital where you went into labour, and spent so much of last year in emotional turmoil. But you have done it now, and whenever you did it was always going to be hard. Think positive, and one day soon you will be introducing Luke to his baby brother or sister. And that moment will make up for all of this madness now! Do the changes to your cycle mean you are switching from a short protocol to a long one?

Suzy - Gosh sounds way too hot for Spring! I'm with you on the lindt balls, except my weakness is mini mars bars. Ohhh and mcvities choc orange digestives - bought a pack at work on Tues and nearly demolished the whole lot then and there.

I weigh half a stone more than I did when I first started tx, and I was determined I was going to get back to my pre-pg weight before any more kids. Have found the combo of stopping b/feeding and going back to work simultaneously very bad for weight gain.... I know I will not feel good when I step on those scales at my baseline app, but now seems like a really bad time to diet, so I am concentrating on healthy eating and smaller portions for the time being. Does anyone else feel particularly unglamorous at the moment too? I saw a friend on Monday who had been to an image consultant last weekend, and she looked fab. It cost her an arm and a leg though, and I feel with tx I can't justify spending anything on myself. In fact when I go shopping these days I don't really enjoy by buying stuff for me anyway - I usually come back with clothes/books/toys for ds. I would quite like a little bit of the old me back for a bit, but one look at my body tells me she has gone forever!!!

Anyway enough waffling...
love to all
Hun xx

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
An update...

Succotash - IVF Starting stims - 27/9/05. Scan 5/10/05 ^reiki^ds Nov 03

Suzy - IVF d/r since 21/9/05, scan 10/10/05 - ^reiki^ Jake born 27/12/04

Sher - IVF d/r Sept on buserilin and metformin. Scan 5/10/05 ^reiki^ 2 boys 7 and 3

Hun - IVF - d/r 10/10 baseline scan 4/11/05^reiki^Henry Charles - 8/11/04

Emma73 - IVF d/r 25/10/05 ^reiki^ Luke born 23/8/05, Zac, his twin ^angel^

Karen1 - IVF ED On progynova. Going to Moscow for treatment ^reiki^ Ds born 21/5/04

Rowingbeau - consult 30/11/05 ^reiki^ dd born 10/4/02

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.