Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Wife (38) and I (34) have been trying for a family for 2 years.  No children from our previous marriages.  We have had 3 unexplained miscarriages and have been using Clomid to help but so far without success.  All the tests have come back OK and our apparent infertility is unexplainable.  Consultant has now advised us to think about IVF at Oxford and we have made the difficult decision to go for it, knowing that after everything we will be going through, it may not work.
We are looking forward to using this site for some of the support that we are likely to need, especially from anyone who has been to Oxford.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Hi Charlie B

Welcome to FF.  Me and DH are unexplained and are waiting to start out first IVF as well.  Wishing you lots of luck with your treatment  ^reiki^

Love Shaz xxx

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Hi Charlie

Nice to see more men posting on here -  ^hello^ and welcome to FF.

We have a lot of couples on here going to Oxford so i hope some will come forward and share some experiences with you.

We will all be with you however sharing your journey, all the very best of luck.

Mel
x

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hello Charlie B

I am so sorry to hear of your wife's miscarriages - this must have been devastating for you both - I can try and appreciate what you must have been going through.

I have been under the care of Mr McVeigh at the JR in Oxford for the last 3 years and had my first IVF attempt last year there - which was positive, but sadly ended in miscarriage. I am currently downregging for my second attempt - again at the JR.

I have found their technical skills to be very good and their success rate is high - I think amongst the highest in the country. They have had a lot of staff changes recently and are a very busy clinic - sometimes leading to a lack of continuity with nursing staff, but on the whole I can't fault them, because they do get good results.

There is a thread for those of us living in and around the Oxford/Reading area - not all of us are at the JR, but quite a few are. You may want to join us there - here is the link http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,27335.0.html

Wishing you both lots and lots of luck and never give up hope!

Alison x

·
Premium Member
8,291 Posts
Hello Charlie,

Welcome to FF  :)

Wishing you all the very best with your tx  ^reiki^  When will you be able to start?

There are so many lovely people on here who will be there to support you, so you wont be on your own.

Love

Debs xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.