Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My names is Stephanie I am 31 and my DH is Darren who is 34. Thanks to the TV program 'Precious Babies' I have found this website.

We have been trying for babies now for a couple of years and have been referred to the Hospital where we have both had tests.  Our problem is that we have a very very low sperm count, DH has just done another test and we will receive the results tomorrow.....We then visit the Hospital again in July......(seems such a long time away!).  I am also a sufferer from Rheumatoid Arthritis and am taking tablets for this which I have been told under no circumstances I can stop taking them, I understand from the Fertility Doctor that these can make you miscarriage whilst pregnant but when the times comes they can look after me....

I would love to hear from anyone that can give us a bit of hope as we are feeling a bit down at the moment............or someone that has had or is going through similar results with the sperm or arthritis.

Thanks Steph

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Hi Steph
Funny enough a friend of mine (a long time ago) had Rhem. arthritis, and if its any consoltation to you, she fell pregnant and felt absolutely brilliantly during her pregnancy - lots of luck to you - you will find this boards such a help and a space to be in - sounds funny, but just reading about other people and realising you are not alone, and having people to "talk" to is such a relief, and i'm sure you will find everyone really friendly and supportive with lots of humour thrown in as well.....
heres a hug to you, and hoping you feel a bit better and get some answers

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Hi Steph,

Nice to meet you  :) (so to speak)

I cann ot really help you about the RA as do not really know about that but my DH also has a poor sperm count so feel that I have become something of am authority on sperm over the past 18 months...

We are currently waiting for ICSI to start next month and currently the DH is teetotal, exercise crazed, healthy eating, pumped full of anti oxidants and having acupuncture.... he is going along with this very well and full credit to him for it.... he has mentioned something about trying yoga so I am begining to worry that I may have created a monster.....

If there is anyhting i have learnt over the past couple of years and through this website is that their is always hope no matter what anyone says to you.... so never think that there isn't...

I work as a midwife and so ofen see women having their miracle babies that htey thought they will never have for various reasons and that is what helps to keep me thinking positive....

This site is amazing as i really makes you realise that you are not alone...

Keep your chin up and best of british to both of you.....

Tikki. xx  ^daisy^

PS My best friend is currently pregnant and her and her DP had 2 sperm tests with 100% abnormality but one obviously got through......

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
???

and I should consider doing a spell check before i post.....sorry about all mistakes above....

Tikki

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Tikki, Thanks for your reply. :)

I hope it goes well next month with the ICSI, I think your DH is doing really well with being healthy, acupuncture and teetotal !!! Well Done.  What is the acupuncture for ? Is this to help sperm ?

We have heard from the fertility nurse this morning after our latest sperm test.  She has managed to get us an appointment in May instead of July as they need to examine hubby as he may have a hernia, varacus veins or it could just be the way it is - we are still not sure.  I'll have lots of questions when we get there.

I think this website is great, even though we are at the beginning of our own journey we can now see that it is not only us and there seem to be other couples that have worse problems than us.  Although I do worry incase ours get worse.........

I wish you lots of luck and babies

Steph ::)

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Try http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,26607.70.html
We are a friendly bunch all going though ICSI due to male factors.
I also have a friend (who doesn't post on here - thank goodness as she used to be my boss and I'd have had a lot of explaining to do on how I was spending my time!!) who has rheumatoid arthritis, during her last pregnancy we found her knees knuckles and elbows, despite the bump it was the only time I have seen her pick things up from the floor!! She was able to stop the drugs after only a couple of months and it didn't seem to do her baby any harm. She is now waiting for IUI to get a second child.
Anyway, ignore my useless wittering, come on over to the ICSI board and jump straight in!
Lizi

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi Steph, I am also new to this group. (been a member for 3 days) People are lovely in here and very supportive. MY DH does not have problems with low sperm count but has abnormally shaped sperm? We are going to our first IUI consultation this monday. We have waited for this appointment since August 04. Your appointments will seem a long way off but they do come around quickly. I'm sure that like me now you have found this site, people will really lift your spirits when you are going through a hard time. If ever you need to talk, I have msn messenger I think my email address is displayed on my profile. I wish you all the luck in the world with your treatments. Please keep me informed. Kelly ^daisy^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.