Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been lurking on these boards for a while, but have finally decided to bite the bullet and join the rest of you.  I have found reading about everyone elses experiences very helpful and makes this whole experience a bit less isolating.

We have done clomid for six months with no success and are planning to start IUI in the next couple of weeks.  Looking forward to getting started but also abit scared of the unknown.

Anyway, glad to have finally come out of the shadows.  Is there anyone else out there in the Nottingham area?

Love,
Nic x

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Hi Nic

I just thought I'd say Hi as I don't often see anyone on here from the Nottingham area, we're a rare breed! 

I've had my initial consultation at QMC and am now on the waiting list for a lap and dye (although a bit frustrated that there's nothing else happening until this is done in Feb), so am a bit behind you in terms of treatment.  You'll find lots of helpful people here on this board, especially as you're about to start treatment, there are so many who can share their experiences and knowledge with you.

Are you going private or with NHS?  How have you found your experiences of treatment so far in Nottingham?

Love and luck

Claire
x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Claire,

Thanks for your reply.  It's great to hear from someone in the Nottingham area cos as you say we seem to be a rare breed, I was starting to feel quite lonely!!.

I've been having my treatment on the NHS at QMC.  So far, I've found the nursing staff great (bit biased there being a nurse myself :)).  My consultant seems nice enough but have only actually met him once at the initial consultation.  Unfortunately we've had a bit of waiting around to start the IUI due to a holiday and then a concern over an ultrasound, so I understand your frustration over waiting for your lap and dye, particularly if there's nothing else happening in the meantime.  I think all the waiting is one of the hardest things in all of this.

Thanks again for your reply and let me know if there's any other info you need about Queens.  Look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Good luck and may February arrive quickly!

Love,
Nic 

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome Nic and Good luck

Toofa x

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hey Nic

Welcome to FF!  Glad you bit the bullet and decided to join us.

Why not join the IUI Girls thread on the IUI board?  Everyone is very friendly there and you will get loads of advice and support.

Good luck.

Laine x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts