Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there

I'm on day 5 of my 2ww - after a FET last Wednesday.

Previously I've had 2 iui last year - which didn't result in pregnancy although consultant said that he was surprised since i showed good raised hormones.

He then suggested IVF, on the day we had to have ICIS since DP sperm where stuck together!  apparently this is something to do with anti bodies that can appear in the sperm fluid after an vasectomy reversal.  We were warned that this could happen but since we had had various tests over the years and had done IUI, we didn't appreciate that this is something which could occur at any time.

So it was confirmed at this point that it was vary unlikely that we would ever conceive naturally.

Because we had already started treatment everyone assumed that this wasn't news to me.

But we managed 10 eggs, 7 embryos of which 2 were transfered.  BFN.

Started treatment this time in end of April and transfered 2 3cells, 1 1-2 grade and the other 2-3. leaving 2 in the freezer.   So I'm now waiting to test.....

I'm just glad to have found this site - friends have been really supportive and empathetic but sometimes they only 'get it'
I've read some of the thread and y'all say what I'm thinking!
It would be good to chat to some one but especially if you're waiting too! ^pray^

I'm off work and booked to go to the hospial for the test on the 10th - if i can wait that long!

I'm a virgin to all this computor chat and had to be directed to the intro page.  So i hope i haven't offended any one by trying to join in a private conversation!

Wondered if anyone can shed some light?  read the page about you profile buti can't seem to get my profile to save.  button at the end of page says 'change profile' not save? Guess i may be being a bit of a dumb a**e! ^idiot^

Best Wishes
Janie b

·
Registered
361 Posts
^hello^

just wanted to say welcome and to wish you the very best of luck with your  ^2ww^ 

Sounds like you have responded very well to the drugs which is great  ^reiki^ I think everyone on FF can sympathise with friends not really understanding all this unless they have been through it themselves - that's why this website is such a lifesaver!

I am sure a moderator will come along shortly and leave you lots of links and explain the technicalities of profiles to you - I wouldn't dare try myself  ;D

love coughsweet x  ^fairydust^

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi janie b

Welcome to FF :) :) I hope you find this site really useful :)

I will leave you a few links for areas that might be of interest to you.

There is the Cycle Buddies Thread ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=68.0 where you can talk to other ladies going through treatment at the same time as you.

Ladies in Waiting ~ Others on the ^2ww^ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=27.0

There is also a ^2ww^ chat held on a Tuesday and Thursday morning in the Chatroom which is great when you need the support and just others to chat to.

Wishing you all the best ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

x x x x x

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hello Janie xxx Just want to wish you loads and loads of luck on your 2WW and hope you get your BFP!!  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ and  :-* :-* Hayleigh xxxx

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Hi Janie and welcome to FF

As you've already worked out you've found that this is a fantastic site with lots of lovely ladies.

Good luck for your 2WW and hope you get your BFP  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^

As far as you profile thing is concerned yes it is the change profile you use.  Threw me the first couple of times too  ::).

Take care

xxxxx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF ^2ww^ Janie ^hugme^

Glad you were directed to the intros area, navigating FF is daunting at first, but is easily overcome Just ASK! some one will help ;)
Hopefully now you've found us whatever happens at the end of the 2ww you continue to join is and get support for the journey few friends and family truely understand
Scooby left you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation, heres a couple more that mat help

Meanings ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

Male factors -
CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B – Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm),
where you can meet other new members and get Chatrrom support
and help to navigate the site and using all the functions available here.
CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on! ^2ww^

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Janieb

I'm new to this too and I'm finding it a bit daunting as well.  I have joined the other thread you posted on but not sure whether you'll go back to it so thought I'd add to this one too, just in case.

Whilst I registered in Nov 07 I posted my first thread today (first thread on any message board!) and so feel like a newbie on their first day at school but I'm sure we'll get the hang of it.

I had my 1st FET last week in Leicester and also find out the result on the 10th June.  Thankfully both embs thawed okay (I was so anxious before hand) and were good quality but from having been through ICSI before and having 2 good quality embs put back and getting a BFN I'm not getting my hopes up.

I also decided to take time off work during my 2ww, I was a bit bored last time and found the wait really hard so was thinking of going back to work for the 2nd part of the wait but am glad I didn't because sometimes my job can be busy and stressful and I would have been worrying about any pressure.  I'm finding the wait a bit easier this time too, I think I'm a bit more realistic about it this time.  :-\

I was a bit unsure about whether this would be helpful or not but after posting and reading lots of threads am starting to see how it can help, hope you are too. 

I feel I'm waffling a bit so I'll end now.  Hope to chat some more with you.  Do you live in Leicestershire?

Have a good evening.

RB x

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi RB
I've just sent you a personal message as i wasn't quiet sure how to start chatting!
How you feeling today?
I wished the sun was shinning in Leicester it would make it so much easier waiting and reading in the sun - looking a bit over cast today and i feel a bit like a cat on a hot tin roof!
any symptoms?
Janie b

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi janie b

Thanks for your personal message, I've sent you a (rather long!!!) reply, hope I've done it okay (I think I'm getting there  ;D)

For everybody on a 2ww have a good weekend and I hope it goes quickly for you.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts