Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I've been viewing this site for quite a while now after recommendation from a friend who said the support is amazing,  but only just plucked up the courage to write! I've been ttc for 18 months now with a recent diagnosis of PCOS. I'm on my third cycle of clomid so keeping my fingers crossed that it works this time. If not, I have to have a HSG next month to make sure my tubes are clear.
I just got my results back from my first 2 cycles 21 day progesterone tests and they came back as 55 and 112! A big of a massive difference but my next appointment with the consultant isn't for another 6 weeks so not sure what it means? Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I might get the answers?
X

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
hi there rosie :) yes your friend was right to point you in our direction, the boards are graced with lots of people who can help + support you while on your journey :)

i will leave you the link for the main clomid board ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=34.0

there is also a chat thread on there you can join in, the girls are great ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=139611.210

please also take a peak at this link for what every memeber need sto know ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=101841.0

there are also other parts of the site you may find of interest we have a locations board for your area ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=250.0

+ for fun try girl + boy talk ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=1.0

right as for your progeterone results they take blood on day 21 to check for ovulation + your results to me look good, anyhting over 30 leads nme to believe ovulation has occured which is very good ;)

please make use of the links i have left especially the ones for the clomid board, you will get los of support from the girls who are going through similar experinces on the drug there :)

goodluck hun ^reiki^

xxx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Rosie28, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

Glad you have plucked up the courage to join us! You won't regret it!

I'm not completely sure about progesterone levels but something is telling me over 50 means ovulation... although cleg says 30 and is probalby right - it's been a while!

One thing that might explain the difference in the results from one month to another is, perhaps you ovulated 2 follicles the second time (not unheard of).

Do check out the links cleg has left, especially the clomid one as I think it will shine a lot of light onto what is going on for you.

Hopefully, by the time you see your cons again, you will be able to tell him you don't need any more clomid because you're pregnant! :)

Loads of luck!

C~x

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice! Still finding my way around the site but will run through the links you provided.
X

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Hi Rosie and welcome to FF

You've definitely done the right thing by joining us on this fantastic site.  You'll soon find yourself whizzing about the pages and in and out of the threads and then be warned, you will be addicted to this site!  ::)

Hope all goes well with your tx  ^pray^ ^reiki^

Wendy
xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Rosie and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

I just wanted to wish you loads of luck with the clomid and that it brings a positive result.

Kate xx

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
yep def progesterone levels of over 30 indicate ovulation

i have just had my first measured progesterone indicating ovulation at 37 as discussed with the nurse so your levels are really good ;)

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi & welcome to FF :)

A progesterone level of 30 nmol/l or over indicates ovulation happened.

Progesterone can vary month to month so although you've had a level of 55 nmol/l one month and then 112 nmol/l another is absolutely fine and nothing to be worried about.

As you're on clomid, it may also mean that perhaps you've released more than 1 egg on the month you got the higher level.

I have naturally high levels...they've been between 61-81 nmol/l on natural cycles...lowest I've had was 48 nmol/l and that was the first natural cycle following an IVF treatment.  I was prescribed clomid a few years ago to boost ie release more eggs and I had follicle tracking and progesterone bloods on a few occasions...my prog levels when tested showed 103 and 105 nmol/l and the follicle tracking also showed 2 or 3 dominant follies so consultant said it meant I was releasing 2 or 3 eggs each time.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all your comments!
I'm feeling very proud of myself as got my positive LH on day 14 this month :) which is an improvement from last month which was day 21. As I've only had periods every four or five months since I started trying and never having a clue when to test for ovulation before, I find it all quite exciting that it's happening each month - can you tell I'm still new to Clomid!

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Well done Rosie ^clapping^ So far so good. Now you need to get down to some serious  ^BMS^ to make the most of it!

Good luck! ^reiki^

C~x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts