Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

We have been TTC for almost 3 years now, I'm 30 and DP 34.
Were referred to our local hospital last year for initial tests. All ok with me but DP sperm has slightly low motility. Went back to see consultant in April and they have put me on clomid for 3 months. Am half way through my 1st cycle and apart from a week of being over emotional haven't been too bad.
Is it normal for the female to be prescribed clomid if she ovulates naturally?
Doctor did give me option of TTC naturally for another 6 months, which I thought was a bit of a joke when naturally nothing's happened for 3 years!!
Anyway trying not to get my hopes up that clomid might work as am so fed up of being disappointed every month!!!
If it doesn't work they said IUI would be next option. Not sure if theres a waiting list for that.
Everything seems to take so bloody long doesn't it!

Anyway lastly just been told tonight another of my friends pregnant, that's 3 of them expecting now and all others have kids. I just feel so gutted, even though I am happy for them all I can't help getting upset  :'(!

Need a holiday!!!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hiya Nickyj

Welcome to FF you will find loads of advice and support.... :) sorry can't give u any advice with clomid??? but im sure someone will be along with advice soon.....wish you loads of luck with ur tx and hope we will both get our BFP soon xxxxxxxx

^hugme^ and xxxx
Hayleigh

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi there,

Just wanted to welcome you to FF. This place has lots of info and advice and i'm sure you'll find the answers your looking for soon enough ;)

Best of luck for a BFP sometime soon  ^hugme^

:-*

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Nickyj ^hugme^
It is fairly normal to be given clomid to "boost" your chances, have you had any other investigations such as the hcg ???
Have they suggest what they can/will do next ???
I would suggest you put your DH on high strengh Vit c, and some selenium & Zinc,
theres lots of posts on here about diet/lifestyle changes to improve mens ^sperm^ to increase your chances.
I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation, You may find there is an active running thread for ladies having treatment at the same clinic as you check both the ICSI & IVF boards as we don't have separate clinic threads for each.

Meanings ~
CLICK HERE

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

FERTILITY INFO GUIDES
CLICK HERE

Clomid ~
CLICK HERE

Male factors -
CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B – Community Fun board

CLICK HERE
You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support
navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi nicky and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic place full of advice and support and have been left some great links to try out.

I believe it can be normal to prescribe clomid even if you do ovulate naturally as i was offered this and same as you i ovulate naturally but had male factor issues. But i refused it and pushed the consultant to refer us direct for IVF. Good luck with the clomid and hope it brings a positive result.

Kate xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts