Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^eyes^

Hello, have actually just posted on the IUI chat, but maybe i should have come here first!

Just wanted to say Hi as i'm really hoping that FF is going to be the place for me!

I'm 29, TTC for 4 years (2 just half heartedly without contracep, and 2 with various treatments). I have PCOS, diagnosed age 16, never had an unaided AF. Had all the tests and, except the PCO's, all is ok, i'e nothing blocked or scarred and DH's boys are good. Had 3 lots of Clomid without any effect (no OV), then ovarian diathermy, no luck, then more higher dose clomid, still no OV (!!!!!!!!) and currently on my 3rd cycle of Ov induction.
Had 4 large folls on the last scan and did my Hcg this time last week (fri). Due to test next weekend and am going bonkers with waiting. Been quite abdo uncomfortable this week but my Oestro levels were very high, which explains that.

DH is so amazingly + it's brilliant, but am having trouble being quite so +, given the many, many diasappointments previously.

Anyway, that's me. Hope to be a regular around the place and to meet some nice people in a similar situ (all my 'real-life' friends are ridicuously fertile so it's hard to talk to them sometimes!).

JJ x x

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Hello JJ,

Just wanted to say hi and great name lol  :)

Love Greeneyed x

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, thanks - DH's pet name for me!

Thank you for saying Hi.

JJ x

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Juicyjugs, welcome to Fertilty Friends. :)

Great user name by the way! I am not going to speculate on the origin of that! ;)
The 2ww is always going to be a tought time regardless of what kind of treatmetn you have ahd and, in fact, even without treatment when you're just tryign naturallys really really hard. Have you found the 2ww boards yet? Might be worth paying them a visit and joining in the chat there as I am sure there are others who can empathise with you:

2WW, Ladies in Waiting ~ CLICK HERE

I also have PCO (and probably mild PCOS in reality but never "officially" diagnosed as that) and I know even with that the symptoms can be pretty depressing ^eyes^ so ^hugme^ I guess the good news is that, once you can get over the ovulation problem then your chances are as good as anyone else without issues and, in fact, you've got the added advantage that you know exactly when to do the deed so I really hope this does the trick for you and you sign on to report a lovely ^BFP^ next weekend.

Meanwhile, here are a few more links you might want to have a look at. Please do dive right on in and start posting / asking questions and getting - and giving - support. You can only get the best out of FF if you post and join in and I know there are som many wodnerful people here who will look after you and help you along your journey:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

PCOS ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT The chat room is open 24/7 and is especially busy most evenings if you just want to chat.

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Please do keep us updated on this thread too, so we know how it goes for you. I do wish you lots of luck ^goodluck^ and hope to be posting you links to the Bun In Oven section really soon!

C~x

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
Hi & welcome Juicyjugs!

I hope the OI is going well for you? Just to put a + slant on things I have a friend from home that had PCOS. She tried clomid with no luck (no ov) but then tried OI & now has a 18 month old little girl so it can & does work. Also there are a lot of ladies on the current IUI thread who can help support you through your tx cycle. For some happy reading there is also the Bumps & Babes thread which shows that this type of tx does work!

Good luck hon

x

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Juicyjugs  ;D (yup - that IS a great name)

Welcome to FF

I'm sure this WILL be just the place for you hun. Its been a godsend for so many of us.

Good luck

Love

Emma x

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aaah thank you all for the kind words, introduction and support - what a nice bunch, i'm going to like it here!

I will def check out the 2WW board as i think i am actually going to go bananas before next weekend! Stuggling to get out of bed today as my abdo is sore tender and bloated, i'm hoping this is all positive! Fingers crossed for a result.

Thanks again to you all and lots of luck to those who need a bit of baby dust!

JJ x x  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi Juicyjugs,

Welcome to Fertility Friends, this site is fantastic for support, information and friendship  ^hugme^

Good luck with clomid  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Nikki xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi JJ and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

I just wanted to wish you loads of luck with the 2ww and that it brings a positive result.

Kate xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts