Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im quite early on in the process but wanted to come on to the site to give me an idea of the process.

Im 23, my partner is 22, young... yes i know, but Paul has Cystic Fibrosis so time isnt exactly on his side. anyway because of his Cystic Fibrosis we cant have kids naturally.
we had our first appoinment with a consultant in April we were told the NHS waiting list was about 12 months, and that we'd have to go back in 3 months when some test results would be back in from Paul, so that should be some time in July. Next tuesday we have an appoinment with the a different doctor about sperm retreval.

so its early days really but i just wanted to say Hi as im sure i will be on here lots over the next 2 years!!

xx

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi
Welcome to FF. You'll find that you get sooooo much support and advice from other girlies on this site. It's been a God send for me. Just remember that no matter what you or Paul are feeling, someone on here will be able to help. Infertility is a hard slog but miracles happen every day.
I just wanted to wish you both good luck with your journey.
I've blown you some bubbles to get you started.
Sarah xx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF didabuf ^hugme^

Its always nice to meet members at the begining of their journey to become parents, and yes your ages may be young but many of us started ttc at that age and younger ;) I assume youve no known issues on your side ???
^fingerscrossed^ for the next appointment FF really is a place you can share the ups and downs of being childless,
and trying to have a family .
I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation,
Meanings ~
CLICK HERE

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

FERTILITY INFO GUIDES
CLICK HERE

Male factors -
CLICK HERE

The Mens Room~
CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B – Community Fun board
CLICK HERE
You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm),
where you can meet other new members and get Chatrrom support
and help to navigate the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts