Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been lurking around these boards for a while now but have plucked up the courage to post as I really wanted to let you all know what a comfort FF has been - just to know that DH and myself are not only ones going through our battle against infertility.

Have been ttc for over 2 years, so far has been a continuous succession of bad news. Firstly I was diagnosed with PCOS before DH was found to have v. elevated FSH and azoospermia. What a pair!

So, after the usual investigations to see if there was anyway that we could find any of DH's sperm (resounding NO! every attempt) we have come to the realization that donor sperm is probably our best chance to try and create a much-wanted family. (To make things more complicated we are currently living and working abroad in Europe so all our treatment to date has been conducted in a 2nd language - wouldn't reccomend this!)

We are at a kind of crossroads at the moment, not knowing how to progress with the donor option. We are back in the UK for Xmas so we are hoping to visit some clinics in the London area then, we already have an appointment (for an informal chat) at The London Women's Clinic. Has anyone any experience with them?

I suppose my greatest concern is over the potential lack of choice of donor. I have been doing as much research as possible about the whole process and feel like I come across story after story where the couple have essentially been told "not to worry about the donor," and have to basically accept the clinic's choice. I would love to hear from anyone with more information/experience on this...???

Anyway, enough rambling. It feels good to have got this out. So far we have not told anyone about our IF problems, and especially with living abroad away from family and friends we have gone through some pretty low times - so finally sharing this feels like a weight off my mind.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi there
welcome. It is such an amazing comfort to hear from others who are also struggling with iF. Everyone is so supportive on this site, it has saved my sanity.
It must have been so hard going through this away from friends and family. Jayne is the inspiration on this thread and will give you some sound advice I'm sure. We are only at the beginning of this long journey, so I don't have any info for you.
But I do wish the very best of luck in your quest.
Love selina

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Talia

Welcome to Fertility Friends.

There is a general discussion board on this thread where I am sure you will find great support along with others going through the same issues as yourself.

I am going to lock this thread, as there are currently several on the board discussing pretty much the same issues. I have therefore created us one place to chat which will run in parts. We are currently on part one :)

Please follow the link below

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,16258.0.html

Jayne x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.