Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

after 8 years of ' letting nature do its thing ' and it not doing anything, my hubby and I have decided to jump on the rollercoaster ride of fertility treatment.
I am 36 ( nearly 37 ), originally from New Zealand though its been a long time since I lived there.
We have been referred to St Barts hospital and at the moment are doing all our blood tests, scan etc and have our first appointment next week.  I dont know what to expect but am trying to have an open mind !  I would LOVE to have a baby but am also thankful for a great marriage and if it still only ends up being us two I will still make the most of what life has dealt us.
I am really interested in everything I am about to go through, I know nothing and am trying to read as much as possible.

send me a message anytime

cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi
I am a newbie too and have just been reading through the introduction posts.  I too have been letting nature take it's course, but have unfortunately had 3 m/c the most recent being 3 weeks ago  :(
I went to see my GP and was referred to Liverpool Women's hospital last Thurs and saw a fantastic consultant and am going back tomorrow for some tests on my blood.
What investigations have you had done?
Your post leapt out at me for a few reasons really. First the fact you are from NZ, visited there in 2006 and it was a life changing experience!!! Secondly what you said about if it ends up being just the two of you then you will make the most of your life together, this is exactly the way my DP and I have looked at this whole thing also!
Would love to chat more x :)

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Hiya hun and welcome to FF ^hugme^

Please have a good look around the site and feel free to post in any area, and make yourself at home. There are many who are on their TTC journey, and others who have been fortunate to have little ones with assistance. You will soon discover that our members are very encouraging of one another and offering advice or just simple hugs. There's a vast amount of information here for everyone, so start reading, posting and getting to know others. You will make some great friends too, lots of members often have meet ups locally too, for chats, coffee, shopping or even nights out! You can share conversations with one another freely, simply because we all understand each other. It's hard when family and friends don't fully comprehend what this journey entails and the emotions that go with it. That's where we come in!

Here are some links which you should find really useful at the moment……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

Starting out & Diagnosis ~ CLICK HERE

Questions for your first cycle consultation ~ (use the ones that apply) CLICK HERE

A Rough Guide To IVF ~CLICK HERE

IVF General ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

There is a Barts chatter thread here on FF, where you can chat to others at the same clinic :) Ask questions etc ...
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=253832.0

You can also chat live in our chat room. We have a newbie day in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet one of our mods for support, meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Ceri xx

PS I have also sent you a pm (private message)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts