Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, like others, I'm sure, finally plucked up the courage to register. 33 and TTC for 2 years, no luck. After prodding and tests, now been advised that we need ICSI - low motility. V. disappointed with hospital as doctor seen, spoke v poor english (Please note I  am not racist!) and could not answer our q's - just handed a leaflet to us and advised all would be explained at the next appt !! We both felt v. low afterwards.. still do and have been looking at this site and others in the bid to increase our knowledge. I'm currently on clomid and hoping & praying that my 21cd blood test, shows that i'm ovulating. In the meantime hoping that I fall pg (please, please !!) and waiting for his appt with the sementology consultant - min 6 months.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Rochette

^hello^ and welcome

Sorry to hear of your disappointment at your meeting hopefully it will be better next time. I found my 1st appointment awful too, especially the interment questions they ask which i known they have to find out everything but when you get asked "how many sexual partners have you had" when your DH is sitting right next to you it can be a little off putting!

Anyway just wanted to wish you ^goodluck^ and hope you don't have to wait too long.

lisa n X  ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi Rochette,

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences.

I've not always found the medical profession in the form of the NHS that supportive. I always felt that we were not taken seriously (after all infertility isn't a proper complaint!). We spent a year being passed from pillar to post with little progress. Finally I got fed up with the run around and put our consultant on the spot. Its worth perservering. Get all the information you can and ask those difficult questions. (I'd suggest writing them all down in advance).

Best of luck with the Clomid and the next appointment.

Edna

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya

Wishing u a warm welcome to fertility friends

Am so sorry that the dr u saw wasnt that helpful

I hope that the clomid works for you ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Lots of luck for ur next appt and hope that it comes around really quickly

Take care
Best wishes
Emilyxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.