Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just finding my feet with this and have just come across this great site. Really interested to hear from others with high cytokines - all tests great for both of us until after 2 years, went to the ARGC where they said that my immune systems was too strong which could be causing an issue. Am now on my second course of Humira (first one made my results worse). Are there any success stories out there of it working and has anyone done the intrav. fusion of white blood cells? I am also confused as thought that if your cytokines were too high, then you would have miscarriages - I have had none but also no pregnancy. any thoughts? thanks

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi Nypee

I also have high tnfa (cytokines) and am about to go through my first immune tx at CARE.

High tnfa levels can cause implantation failure as well as miscarriage, so it may be that your immune system is attacking your embies before they have chance to implant. I am having intralipid infusions to bring down my tnfa levels (I think ARGC is now also using intralipids for immune tx).

There is a fantastic FAQ on the immunoilogy thread (it's in the starting out thread which I can't get to for the link as sat here typing on my phone!) The FAQ has the answer to every Q you can think of re immunes (thanks to the wonderful Agate :) )

Wishing you lots of luck with your tx! If you go on to the immunes thread you will see there are lots of ladies with lovely BFPs after immune tx. I hope 2011 is the year we will join them

Lulu
Xxx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lulu,

Thank you so much for your advice  - most helpful. Out of all my friends, I seem to be the only one who has had problems so it is great to talk to others who have so much knowledge! Thanks and good luck with it all.

Nypee

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Hi Nypee and welcome to FF :)

Please have a good look around the site and feel free to post in any area, and make yourself at home. There are many who are on their TTC journey, and others who have been fortunate to have little ones with assistance. You will soon discover that our members are very encouraging of one another and offering advice or just simple hugs. There's a vast amount of information here for everyone, so start reading, posting and getting to know others. You will make some great friends too, lots of members often have meet ups locally too, for chats, coffee, shopping or even nights out! You can share conversations with one another freely, simply because we all understand each other. It's hard when family and friends don't fully comprehend what this journey entails and the emotions that go with it. That's where we come in!

Here are some links which you should find really useful at the moment……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

Investigations & Immunology ~ CLICK HERE

Also, if you tap 'humira' into the search tab at the top of the page, there are lots of topics to read :)

You can also chat live in our chat room. We have a newbie day in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet one of our mods for support, meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Ceri xx

PS I have also sent you a pm (private message)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts