Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Let me introduce myself - gosh it sounds like Alcoholics Anonymous!  I started IVF at the Lister on Tuesday and am still in a state of shock and trying to get my head around it all.

DH has motility issues and range from 20 - 40% so we were advised to move to ICSI  To add to the mix My AMH is 3.26 so it looks like time is running out for us.  Luckily we could afford to start straight away but my eyes are already watering at the 7,000 we have paid and don't have all the drugs yet.  I start injecting on Wednesday and I'm very nercous that I am going to be on 375 of Gonal - I have read on here that it is a high dose).  Does anyone have any similar experiences and what can I expect the side affects to be - I've not told anyone at work and going to try and juggle it so I don't have to - is that optimistic?

Thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
Thx
Cally

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi cally

im new aswel and will start my treatment as soon as af arrives (fingers crosssed 4 2moro)  ;D
me and dh are starting ivf icsi and i am starting on highest dose of menopur but from my schedule that i can make it it will be pretty difficult to try an swing all the time off you'll need without informing them???
after the first week of injectons there could be possibilitys of going back for scans everyday or every other day depending on how your body reacts to the doses, ive found my work place really understanding and im sureif you told yours they'll also understand at least that way there prepared.

hope all goes well lots of luck  ;D xxx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

Yes, I think I'm being slightly optimistic/naive to think I can do this without telling work.  I suppose I would rather have some things in life private - oh well I guess with time out of the office I probably won't.  It's all so much to take in with injections/scans etc... So weird that this is now becoming our life.  Some much new language to learn - just as well me and DH have cancelled all social events this month  :-[

x

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Hi Cally!
Welcome to FF! ^hugme^ Good luck with your tx! ^pray^ ^reiki^
Re your work situation I'd tell my boss if I were you so that if you need to book time off work it'll be that bit easier for you. :)I've told my boss and she has been very supportive and also very discreet. It felt like a great weight was taken off my shoulders when I told her. :)
The workforce at my place of work numbers around 100 and while I don't know every one at work I have a good working relationship with those I work directly with. I've opted not to tell anyone else at work other than my boss and I find it easier and less stressful that way. Each to his/her own, I suppose!
Good luck with whatever you decide! ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Hi Cally and welcome to FF :)

Regarding your drugs, It's a high-ish dose, I was on 450 each attempt, but the consultants can tweak your dosage after monitoring you with scans, so dont worry. Side effects vary, some get more than others, headaches are fairly common, so drink plenty of water. Bloatedness is very common, but this is a sign that the drugs are doing their work and things are happening! The staff will keep a close eye on you, but if you have any queries then always ask your clinic ^hugme^
Regarding telling work, a lot depends on the nature of your work. Is it a physical job? Do you work full time/part-time, do you have flexi time, holidays owing etc? There are quite a few appointments to attend during IVF, monitoring scans, bloods etc. Maybe play it by ear, If you were to tell your boss, how sympathetic would they be about the situation? Sometimes it's a relief if you have an understanding boss (Luckily I did) , but see how you go ^hugme^
Please have a good look around the site and feel free to post in any area, and make yourself at home. There are many who are on their TTC journey, and others who have been fortunate to have little ones with assistance. You will soon discover that our members are very encouraging of one another and offering advice or just simple hugs. There's a vast amount of information here for everyone, so start reading, posting and getting to know others. You will make some great friends too, lots of members often have meet ups locally too, for chats, coffee, shopping or even nights out! You can share conversations with one another freely, simply because we all understand each other. It's hard when family and friends don't fully comprehend what this journey entails and the emotions that go with it. That's where we come in!

Here are some links which you should find really useful at the moment……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

Male factors ~ CLICK HERE

ICSI ~ CLICK HERE

I see you have found the cycle buddies already, but for future reference here's the link ...
Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

We have an area for those attending the Lister clinic within FF here ...
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=492.0

You can also chat live in our chat room. We have a newbie day in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet one of our mods for support, meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Ceri xx

PS I have also sent you a pm (private message)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.