Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls - does anyone know what it involved in an antagonist IVF cycle? I am planning to have IVF this summer and the consultant suggested this might be the best type of cycle for me? I understand that it does have less side effects than conventional IVF.

I have no known fertility problems but have decided to go for IVF as it will increase my chances considerably after 3 failed IUI's with a success rate of only 10-15%.

Thanks

Kylecatx

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Hi Kylecat

I had 2 antagonist IVF cycles. I started stims (menopur) on CD2 for about 12days (depends on how well you respond) and started on Cetrotide on cd7 until cd12. I had a trigger jab of pregnyl on cd 12 and EC on cd14. I conceived on both cycles but had an early m/c after the 1st cycle.

Because there is no need to D/R this shortens the cycle and reduces the side effects.

My daughter was born 2 1/2 weeks ago so I am a firm supporter of this approach.

Good luck

Sam

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks sam  - you explained it so well!

It obviously worked well for you - many congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter  :)

Kylecatxx

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Hi Kylecat,

Hope this link helps: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=140024.0

We have been recommended the antagonist protocol after our last failed ICSI, I started a thread to find out more as we didn't have huge amounts of information, some very useful posts there.

We too are at the Wessex, is this your first treatment there?

Good luck,

Sarah xx

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ever so much Sarah for your reply - lovely to meet another Wessex lady too! I think that the Wessex is a lovely clinic but they have a bit of a shortage of donor sperm, which I obviously need being single! Hopefully though I can still have my treatment there this summer. I have had 3 IUI's at the wessex which unfortunetly didn't work.

Lots of luck to you and DH for your upcoming treatment,

Kylecatxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts