Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm undergoing an Antagonist cycle. We already had one at the ARGC, and were going to do another - but our NHS funded cycle came along (after 3 years on a waiting list), and we thought we would give it a go.

However, the timings they want us to follow seem very strange. At the ARGC I started Puregon injections on day 2 of my cycle.

This time round, the NHS want me to not start any injections until day 5 of my cycle...... This doesn't make any sense to me, as I thought that if you waited this long, I would alrady have a dominant folicle, and the stimms won't work.

Does anyone else have any experience of starting stims in an Antagonist cycle so late???

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hi Perrier

I'm just about to start an antagonist cycle at IVF Wales and will be starting stimms on CD2.  I have done long protocols it the past and can't really offer any advice but I would certainly question their reason for this.

Good luck with your tx

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Perrier,

I'm doing an antagonist cycle & like Andi can't offer any explanation but just thought I'd tell you that I started injecting puregon on day 3.  The stuff that I have read on antagonist cycles seem to start on day 2 or 3 with the antagonist injection coming in on day 6 or 7.  You need to ask your clinic why you are starting on day 5 and what the rationale is, there may be one and if there is you need to know it!

Good luck.

G

·
I have done a late start with Menopur (similar) and would not recommend it  - not the best quality eggs etc. Try to get them to change to day 2 or at least 3?

xxx

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Perrier

I think it is something you should discuss with your clinic hun - so you can put your mind at rest. They may be a very good reason why they have decided on this regime.

Good luck

Emma x

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
is antagonist SP?  I had 1 day bleed (wake up bleeding i actually bled a bit day before), baseline on day 2 and started suprecur that night then stims next night (day 3).  ^hugme^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts