Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies  :)

I have been panicking a little as movements are very few and far between but on checking the detailed notes from my 20 week scan a couple of days ago I have just noticed that my placenta is noted as being anterior which I guess explains the infrequent movement at this stage (20 weeks)?  My main concern now is  what will happen if I need another c-section?  I had one with DS due to him being stuck as he was large and had a big head!  I spoke briefly with a consultant the other day who said to think about delivery and we will discuss this at 36 weeks but he seemed ok with the general idea of a natural delivery.  The problem is that I did not go in to labour last time so was induced which they will not repeat so a section is still likely.  Is there any danger to having a section with an anterior placenta (as I presume it will be in the way of the incision)?  I am scaring myself now imagining all sorts of scenarios  ^scared^

Thanks for your help - any advice gratefully received  :)

Fluffs xxx

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

If you do need to have another section, and the placenta is low and anterior, they will know exactly where and do the section very carefully.  However, the chances are that it will have moved up to the upper part of your uterus, and won't be anywhere near the incision line,

emilycaitlin xx

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Emilycaitlin, I am feeling a little more reassured now  :)

Fluffs xxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts