Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help - i am about to have my first ivf appointment and am on anti d's. Am wondering if i can still start tmt while on them.

thanks

Kazzz ^idiot^ ^idiot^

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Congrats on your 1st IVF appt! ;D

It really depends on the type of anti D you are on and your clinics views I am on O I 3rd cycle and the cons actually asked me if I would consider going to GP for anti dep as he thought my mood was too low he said a lot of his patients need them just to keep their head above water he didn't mention that he wouldn't do treatment if i was on them!.

I know OI isn't IVF but the drugs are same/similar and hopefully the same outcome ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^BFP^.!

A lot of people go through pregnancy on Anti dep medication  :'( but sometimes it is changed to a more appropriate one for pregnancy.They are very powerful drugs and cant really just be stopped suddenly. (I am a Psychiatric Nurse so do know a wee bit). ^idiot^

Good luck for your appt. ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Don't know if this has been any help but as I say different clinics and docs etc have different views some consultants don't even believe in anti depressants and  believe Psychiatry isn't necessary!!!. ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

Jaynexxxx

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info - helps to know it is possible to have tmt while on anti d's.

Good luck with your treatment

Kazzz
xxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts