Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all im fairly new to messaging but wondered if any one has any advice.
I have just had an antral folicle scan on day 3 of my cycle and the lady who did the scan said that i had very few folicles in reserve but she needed to take a more in depth look to be certain and I cant find out until Monday. This is driving me mad as I have read that few folicles reduces your chances of IVF working as they wont get many eggs.
Has anyone had anything simlar said to them? If so what happened? How did they get on with treatment?
I would be really grateful for any advice as i am going out of my mind ad really scared that ill never be a mummy.
I am 29 and have had 2 m/c and 2 failed iui in last 2 years.
Thank you

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi sam
I,m like you. This is my second go at IVF. The first time, the antral follies werent counted but I only produced 3 eggs out of 5 follies at EC.

This time, I only had 6 antral follicles. The consultant said they may or may not develop and grow to produce eggs. At my second scan after 8 days of stimms, I have 5 follies. If they do well over next couple of days, there should. hopefully be 4/5 eggs. They say it only takes one!!!!  which is what I,m hoping for.

Follow the advice you read on these boards and get yourself a hot water bottle. I,m convinced this did the trick with me.
And increase your protien to improve quality of those eggs.

TracyM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts